Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

Question About Thrustmaster 488 Ferrari Challenge Rim With TS-WX base And Advanced mode (Not TS-PC)

So I'm aware this wheel rim is only available officially if you buy the TS-PC Racer that comes with it. However, I acquired the rim online from someone who happened to be selling just that so I figured I'd pick it up for cheapo and use it on my TS-WX since they are basically the same base.

I noticed online that people with the TGT have no issues using it in it's full capacity with the advanced mode button mapping and LED lights, but for me in the USB controller settings the Advanced mode bubble is greyed out as if it's not supported. Is this just how it is or am I missing something here? Why would it work on a TGT but not a TS-WX Racer which is almost exactly the same as the TS-PC.

Thanks
ts-wx settings.jpg

Last edited:
That's probably the issue. The TS-XW uses different firmware which is all up to date. Just dumb that the rim works on some other bases but not the TS-XW which is literally the same :(

asteroulis

Premium
Tested and 100% sure for what I'm saying .
The 488 Alcantata Rim works in advanced mode only in :
T300
TSPC
T-GT

In TX & TSXW only on normal mode unfortunately..

T300
TSPC
T-GT

T300
TSPC
T-GT

So if i have the 488 Rim only and a T300 base leds and advance mode will work ?? thanks for the clarification