Question about the "Penalties" system.

Of course it is because I am a beginner and still have to practice a lot, but I find this penalties utterly frustrating. I play AC only offline (at least for the moment) and try to do the Career Mode but find it very difficult to get some progress with these slowdowns and loosing points when I make a small mistake and get off the track. I also bought GSC2013 recently and although this is not easy as well, I have more fun with it.
Now I saw that I can turn Penalties off, but in the menu I read that "Achievements (and online leaderboard) will not be recorded " then. But what does this mean ? As I said I don't play online. Will there be no progress in Career when I turn Penalties off ?

For the likes of the RSR an online leaderboard app that records your time and posts it online you have to have the penalty system on so you can't cheat. Although, it invalidates your lap if you go off the track so I don't really see why the penalty system needs to be turned on. The achievements are the challenges and steam achievements, I don't think it affects career progress.

If you're not trying to post a record lap time to an online leaderboard app then you don't have to have penalties on. It's an annoying penalty system and it's gotten so much criticism that if kunos isn't working on an alternative then there's probably a modder doing it. I would assume a better penalty system is being worked on along with flag rules.

I wouldn't say that leaving the track is a minor error though. A minor error is running a bit wide, leaving the track is a major error.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 258 13.5%