Physics question about the acd file

Hi guys,

Once I extracted the ACD file, and edited the physic files, do I need to repack it in order to use it? I'm trying to make a series of changes to the suspension geometry and evaluate the handling change.
Is there any way to run it without repacking back into ACD file?

Eh, you should not unpack and rewrite and files for usage on existing cars. Yes one can unpack them, but we do it to fill knowledge gaps the SDKs won't fill.

What are planning to do?

I suppose this information is general enough... It's not necessarily a Kunos car in question. I've opened .acd files for old/abandoned mods to add dash cams, fix incompatibilities after AC updates, etc. It's plausibly legit. :unsure:

The quick answer is... rename the source file to orig.acd or something and put the extracted files in a folder called "data". Job done. Repacking is unnecessary.

Remember please to treat others' data with respect. Educating yourself is one thing, but please don't abuse it. Someone worked hard to fill up that ACD originally.

I suppose this information is general enough... It's not necessarily a Kunos car in question. I've opened .acd files for old/abandoned mods to add dash cams, fix incompatibilities after AC updates, etc. It's plausibly legit. :unsure:

The quick answer is... rename the source file to orig.acd or something and put the extracted files in a folder called "data". Job done. Repacking is unnecessary.

Remember please to treat others' data with respect. Educating yourself is one thing, but please don't abuse it. Someone worked hard to fill up that ACD originally.
Not to mention that it may contain very sensitive data.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%