Question about SimShaker Wheels and Project Cars 2

Hi all, this is my first time here, so please don't shoot me if my question belongs somewhere else.

I tried the search option and did found a SimShaker Wheels support thread, but it seems to be closed and I couldn't reply there.

Anyways.. My question:

I've been using SimShaker with Andre's Jetpad on DCS World for quite some time and this week I decided to explore what it feels like in Project Cars 2.

So I installed the software, got it to work and still have a few demo trials left.

Unfortunately I'm a bit disappointed so far. My Jetpad does not respond to driving over curb stones, water pools (during rain), or contact with other cars. As far as I could feel, the seat only vibrates while I apply throttle and I feel some feedback when sliding/braking/drifting.

So before I buy SimShaker Weels, is it possible to get vibration feedback from the curbstones and driving through pools in wet track conditions in Project Cars 2? In my opinion, these would be the main immersive features when using SimShaker in a race sim/game.

Last edited:
SImHub is what I use with my seat pad, it works great. For me less effect is better than more, I am particularly found of road effect for my JetSeat KW-908 .
So I installed SimHub and made sure to set the ingame "shared memory" setting to "Project Cars 2"

In SimHub I scrolled down to Project Cars 2 and started the game from there. It started nicely in VR mode, so that's good. Also the top bar of SimHub says "Project Cars 2 - Game Connected"

However, when doing a quick race, nothing is happening (I mean my Jetpad is not vibrating)

Am I missing something maybe?

Upvote 0
Assuming you have created a profile selecting the effects, frequency, strength, etc, it should work. Sim hub has a very active/reactive discord channel, it might be an option. Sim hub works well for all my sims, both for the jet seat and my butt kicker.
Good luck

Upvote 0
Assuming you have created a profile selecting the effects, frequency, strength, etc, it should work. Sim hub has a very active/reactive discord channel, it might be an option. Sim hub works well for all my sims, both for the jet seat and my butt kicker.
Good luck
Ah ok, I didn't know I had to create a profile. I'll investigate some more then. Thanks :)

Edit:
Hmm.. I can't find any "Profile" menu or button within SimHub. I had a look in the "Car Settings" menu, but I'm not sure if I need to change anything there.

Or do I perhaps need to purchase a SimHub license for it to work?

Also, I just use the USB cable of my Jetpad, not the audio connection (which works fine in DCS World), could that be the problem?

Edit2:
Ah... Nevermind, I think I found it under the "Shakelt Motors" menu. Pretty well hidden there for a noob like me :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back