Question about shifting and leaving pit lane.

(I also posted this at No Grip and hope that that is no problem)
I started playing GTR2 again and at first with Automatic Gearbox, so I didn't notice it before. But now I have gone to manual shifting and it strikes me that when I start and shift to 1st gear I stay in 1st. twice. I mean, I see the rpm go up in 1st, then down and up again, still in 1st. When I shift to 2nd gear immediately after the first time that I am in 1, it doesn't take over correctly and I loose a lot of speed while accelerating. I hope that I am clear in describing what I mean.

Is this normal and if so why ? And if not, what am I doing wrong ? Btw, I have enabled Automatic Clutch. I don't have a clutch pedal.

And another question: When I start practicing, I am in Autopilot while leaving the pit lane. I don't see an option to disable it. Is this always enabled automatically ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
user_online.gif

(I also posted this at No Grip and hope that that is no problem)
I started playing GTR2 again and at first with Automatic Gearbox, so I didn't notice it before. But now I have gone to manual shifting and it strikes me that when I start and shift to 1st gear I stay in 1st. twice. I mean, I see the rpm go up in 1st, then down and up again, still in 1st. When I shift to 2nd gear immediately after the first time that I am in 1, it doesn't take over correctly and I loose a lot of speed while accelerating. I hope that I am clear in describing what I mean.

Is this normal and if so why ? And if not, what am I doing wrong ? Btw, I have enabled Automatic Clutch. I don't have a clutch pedal.

And another question: When I start practicing, I am in Autopilot while leaving the pit lane. I don't see an option to disable it. Is this always enabled automatically ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
user_online.gif

Do you have an h shifter as well? Could be that your h shifter is in 1st gear position.

Regarding pitlane AI, in your .plr file, change No AI Control to 1.

Thanks for your reply.
No I don't have a H shifter.
Meanwhile I tried it with other games and saw the same, although it differs per game. So it's not only with GTR2.
My wheel is a Thrustmaster GT 430 wireless and when I look in the Thrustmaster control panel everything seems to be ok.

Meanwhile I found the cause. It is Automatic Clutch. When I disable it, the shifting in 1st. goes fine.

Now I only still wonder why this is so. And should I leave Automatic Clutch disabled or will this give other problems ?

Shouldn't be the cause, as I always use auto clutch, and have never had this issue in any game.

Shouldn't be the cause, as I always use auto clutch, and have never had this issue in any game.

Funny thing is that the issue in other games, e.g. GTL, is gone too when I disable Auto Clutch.
But maybe I didn't describe clearly enough what is happening. It is only when I accelerate from standstill, e.g. at the start of a race. I shift to 1 and gradually kick down the throttle. I start driving and see/hear the revs going up very fast, then immediately down and a bit slower up again all while still in 1. Then I can shift correctly to 2 without losing speed.
When the timing is right, I accelerate fast enough.

Regarding the pit lane I also had to set Autopit to 0 in my plr and now it works.

What you are seeing when taking off from a standing start is normal for the game AND in real life.Your problem is that you are releasing the clutch too fast causing the engine to loose revs and nearly stalling.You can fix this by going into the controller settings and play around with the clutch sensitivity.Watch the indicator bar for the clutch to get an idea of how fast it is engaging.Once you get it right you will leave the field behind on the start.When I got it dialed in I felt that I had an unfair advantage over the AI so I went to a rolling start.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%