PC2 Question about setups

First of all I'm using an Xbox360 controller for the game so keep that in mind.

After 100+ hours in Project Cars 2 I tried to hotlap around the Nordschleife. I did it several times in Assetto Corsa and I thought it wouldn't be hard on PC2 either. I use no assists in PC2. After 2 failed attempts I did a 7:14 in the BMW M6 GT3 (my favourite car in the game), then I tried again and I did a 7:12. My usual time with GT3s in Assetto Corsa is almost the same so I was proud of myself.

Then I saw that the best time is 6:30....so I was looking for setups to be faster. I found TX3 Rinpoku's record sitting in 11th place who used a controller for it, so I downloaded his setup. I know almost nothing about setups so I thought that I will be much faster with it. But even though the car was less responsive when driving over curbs (which is great because the Nordschleife has tricky curbs) it was almost undriveable in the corners, it was driving like a boat, I can no longer twitch it around the corners which I like to do. (It seems like it has serious understeer then suddenly turns into oversteer.) What is your opinion about it, is it due to my controller settings (which I don't really want to change because it is tailored for me) or should I just start practising more with the setup I've downloaded even though it feels a bit unpleasant to drive the car around the Green Hell?

I would be happy if I could reach 6:45 or around that.

Last edited:
You need to practice more with the default setup. Downloading setups really won't make you faster on the Nordschleife. 15 seconds slower than alien pace would be really good already, so you shouldn't aim for that.

You need to practice more with the default setup. Downloading setups really won't make you faster on the Nordschleife. 15 seconds slower than alien pace would be really good already, so you shouldn't aim for that.

My problem is that I have around 300 hours in Assetto Corsa and I lap almost the same in that game. I spent 50 hours practising around the track in that game with the default setup (which equals around 200 laps) and still my times did not improved beyond that.

My problem is that I have around 300 hours in Assetto Corsa and I lap almost the same in that game. I spent 50 hours practising around the track in that game with the default setup (which equals around 200 laps) and still my times did not improved beyond that.
As the saying goes, practice doesn't make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect. It's insanely hard to be fast on the Nordschleife, so if you want to compare your lap times on the leaderboard, you're better off choosing a shorter, simpler track like Nürburgring GP.

I'd recommend racing it in the stages. Try and perfect each stage at a time, not the entire track. Then combine your times to see what you can do overall, and then attack the whole track. The thing about that track is that it's so long with so many corners, that you are insanely likely to lose lots of time on different corners each time.

As the saying goes, practice doesn't make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect. It's insanely hard to be fast on the Nordschleife, so if you want to compare your lap times on the leaderboard, you're better off choosing a shorter, simpler track like Nürburgring GP.

I set hotlap time for all of the cars (including DLC ones) at Red Bull Ring GP, some of them are top10 times, but I want to be better at a hard track like Nordschleife.

I set hotlap time for all of the cars (including DLC ones) at Red Bull Ring GP, some of them are top10 times, but I want to be better at a hard track like Nordschleife.
The Nordschleife has 73 corners, so basically you lose 0.6 seconds in each corner. You should make sure that you know how to take each corner with maximum speed. Take a look at this alien lap, it's another game but that shouldn't make a difference:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.5%