Question About Setting Up "Teamspeak" When Using VR?

With the kind help of Denis Betty of the RD Staff, I got my microphone to work on TeamSpeak.

I suspect that the best set up for using it is "push-to-talk", so I'm wondering which button do those of you who race in VR use for this function? Right now, I have it set to the space bar on my keyboard, but it's awkward to find when "blind" with a headset on. And I can't seem to get TeamSpeak to let me use any button on my Logi 29 wheel (which would be ideal).

So what do you VR racers use for "push-to-talk"?

Thanks!

I bind a button on my wheel. Fanatec rim, with the OSW conversion kit. Never had a problem with it. You can do what Jeremy suggested or use a similar functioning program called Joy2Key. It's lets you assign a button on your wheel and make it as if you're pressing any key on the keyboard.

Also, I use toggle mute when racing. It's too hard to continually press the button while talking if you're actively racing, depending which button you choose.

Upvote 0
.........Also, I use toggle mute when racing. It's too hard to continually press the button while talking if you're actively racing, depending which button you choose.

My original questions are moot now, since I got a button on my wheel to "push-to-talk" in TeamSpeak. (I don't know why it didn't work before...)

Your idea of using toggle mute while racing is excellent. Exactly where do I find that setting?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
You can assign a hotkey just like you would assign one to push to talk. It's in the same Hotkey section of the menu. Just bind one for mic mute. You can also bind one for speaker mute, so if people are yapping away in a race and you wan't to concentrate you can mute the sound you hear from Teamspeak, too.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 94 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing