Question about rF File structure, editing ai driver names and teams and making classes

So I'm trying to set up rFactor to let me simulate ai seasons while I watch, and the tutorial I was going to use is actually for rF2 and i didnt know until too late, so I'm trying to make rF work. I have some questions about the file structure and how to make it do what I want it to do.

1. How does the driver data in the Talent folder relate to the ai driver skill levels? Ive been trying to find anywhere in the vehicle files and I haven't found anything that calls to the .rcd files in the Talent folder. Is it somewhere in the .MAS file for the class? I presume it must call it somehow, because the .veh files in the class section don't have the data on racing skill but they do seem to race like they have specialized skill levels (especially in the mods ive tried), so I would very much like to know how to adjust this and tie them together.

2. I have found this guide to making a new "class" in the game, and I would very much like to do that. It would make it much easier to make seasons and championships and keep track of them all as time progresses. But the directions are for GSC and Im not 100% sure its exactly compatible? Hopefully my question is clear: I want to be able to basically clone a class and modify it with different racers, skins etc. and I havent found much in the way of direction outside of this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/howto-create-your-own-rfm-mod-section-in-game.89267/

Any help is appreciated. I might jump in the discord too and see if anything can be solved there. Im hopeful, Ive been searching for a good moddable simulator for this purpose for a long time and haven't found anything that works for this and I really very much want to get this figured out :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back