Question about Racing Sims

V

Vartan Andreev

• Vartan Andreev

Hey guys i got some what of an annoying question that i wanted to ask, i remember back a while ago me and a few friends used to play Nascar 2003 and it was so much fun, i guess thats part of the reason why i came to this place, but the thing is that i dont really know what game to go for...
now i know its a question of a 1000 answers but what i am trying to ask is how are they in terms of popularity and most importantly multiplayer support and gameplay.

i'm sure i'm not making too much sense but still try to see if you can give me a hand here...

If you liked NR2003 you should go for iRacing as it has 65% of the NR2003 physics according to a recent article. If you think it's too expensive for you go for any modern PC sim as they have lots to offer for a little money.

What are your most favorite real life racing series? Maybe we can point to a sim that has them included?

• Vartan Andreev

Well i would like something other then Nascar racing, something like F1 or GT would be awesome, i gave rFactor a try, it seemed nice, but the graphics did hurt my eyes a little ...

When you tried rFactor, did you try the demo, or the full game? If you tried the demo, you've been seriously mistaken. The original rFactor content is rubbish, compared to the mods made by the community. Mods like CTDP F1 2006, EnduRacers Endurance Series, CART Factor, FSone 2008, MMG F1 2007. And that's not just the graphics. The physics and gameplay are top notch, especially CTDP F1 2006, CART Factor, and EnduRacers Endurance Series. And maybe MMG F1 2007 as well. In fact, all of them. All of them are amazing. These are all top mods for rFactor. Go check out some screenshots at websites such as VirtualR or here. You will not be disappointed.

• Vartan Andreev

When you tried rFactor, did you try the demo, or the full game? If you tried the demo, you've been seriously mistaken. The original rFactor content is rubbish, compared to the mods made by the community. Mods like CTDP F1 2006, EnduRacers Endurance Series, CART Factor, FSone 2008, MMG F1 2007. And that's not just the graphics. The physics and gameplay are top notch, especially CTDP F1 2006, CART Factor, and EnduRacers Endurance Series. And maybe MMG F1 2007 as well. In fact, all of them. All of them are amazing. These are all top mods for rFactor. Go check out some screenshots at websites such as VirtualR or here. You will not be disappointed.

thank you mate, that exactly the sort of info i was looking for, i will give the game another go.

by the way what about GTR2 Evo? any good?

Another Racing Sims question

Hi there.
Since i still have problems with my GT Legends (on line playing), I am looking for alternative. I know that here is a lot of threads like this, but I want to start another discussion because my priorities are different.
Well, at first I am looking for ONLINE racing sims. But nothing arcade, I really want to feel good about driving (I am owner of G25, so I want something more difficult). Some GT or touring cars. Like GT Legends but not veterans hehe (attempt at a joke) with good online support (enough players, download-able material, etc.). Maybe something which is supported here (Racing leagues, Racing clubs). And also financially affordable (I do not plan to do a collection of Racing sims hehe).
Can somebody help me? Recommended me? Feel free to ask. I will answer. I only hope that my requirements aren't demanding in any way.
Thank you for any replies

EDIT: I forgot to ask for demos with online aviable (like LFS - without license)

Very thanks for links but I would be more interested in your opinion, which game in terms of my aspects will be best? I mean community, addons?I am downloading demos now, but if they haven't multiplayer I do not want to decide on this basis... this is the reason why I did this another thread, because I want to discuss :) But nK looks good...

I think everybody has his own personal flavor when it comes to racing games. Personally i would always try out a game myself regardless what others tell you what they like :)

Of course, I do not expect from anyone that tells me what to play and what I would like :) However I haven't experience with this stuff so I need this tips (my only experience was with GT Legends for a log time ago)... But I am always looking for information first... For example what do you like on this one, etc. :) But yes I clearly understood that you have more important things to do... :) Anyway, I have already downloaed nK PRO .. 1.03 and 1.1 3/3 - Is there some special installation? Because when I try to start that 1.1 beta version, it crashes.. Maybe I haven't previously version? I am not sure (1.03 is working fine)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%