Question About iRacing's VR Support

I see on the iRacing website that there's VR support for Oculus RIft and HTC Vive. However there's no mention of any others.

I just got a Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality headset. Is Windows Mixed Reality supported in iRacing? If so, where can I read about getting it up and running? I wasn't going to renew my iRacing subscription, but I'd strongly re-consider if I could race in VR.

Thanks!

I see on the iRacing website that there's VR support for Oculus RIft and HTC Vive. However there's no mention of any others.

I just got a Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality headset. Is Windows Mixed Reality supported in iRacing? If so, where can I read about getting it up and running? I wasn't going to renew my iRacing subscription, but I'd strongly re-consider if I could race in VR.

Thanks!

Yes it's supported and there is several threads inregards to the Lenevo and WMR setup and tips on the iracing forms under virtual reality.

I just purchased one from B&H photo last week during one of there sales and picked up one for $70 (opened package) looking forward to getting it setup.
Reviews on the form are very positive for sim sacing applications and seated apps....mixed for other games.

iRacing Black Friday sale is currently on till Sunday Nov 24th 30% off

Yes it's supported and there is several threads inregards to the Lenevo and WMR setup and tips on the iracing forms under virtual reality.

I just purchased one from B&H photo last week during one of there sales and picked up one for $70 (opened package) looking forward to getting it setup.
Reviews on the form are very positive for sim sacing applications and seated apps....mixed for other games.

iRacing Black Friday sale is currently on till Sunday Nov 24th 30% off

Thanks, I got it working and it's phenomenal! Best VR performance I've gotten so far from any racing sim TBH. (Note: I only tried hotlapping, not racing yet.)

I'll be taking advantage of the Black Friday discount for renewing my membership now!

Thanks.

i suppose iracing's venerable old engine actually suits vr fine, since it was built for much slower pc's, it probably is quite efficient and this efficiency should in turn suit vr fine. just a guess, since i never tried vr (and won't in the next couple of years) but can still run iracing fine on my 10 year old pc (i7 very first generation, should be in a museum by now ...) while all the new games are a no-go

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%