Question about GSCE Sync/Update

It tries to replace all my cam and controller files because I have edited them (orientation offset and FFB)...How can I select which updates I want to download & install from GSC Sync. It would be much simpler and quicker than looking up every file that GSC will replace and backing each of those up and then re-replacing the newly installed files. At the moment, I believe you have to install every single file if you want to proceed with the update...

It tries to replace all my cam and controller files because I have edited them (orientation offset and FFB)...How can I select which updates I want to download & install from GSC Sync. It would be much simpler and quicker than looking up every file that GSC will replace and backing each of those up and then re-replacing the newly installed files. At the moment, I believe you have to install every single file if you want to proceed with the update...
In GSC Sync, I see there is a 'save as' option. Maybe you could save the new files to a new location, then delete what you don't want to replace. then paste the rest in to your GSC folder?
But you would still have to remember all the files you have edited - for me there is no substitute for a mod enabler - just remove the mods, update GSC, and then replace them all at the click of a button.

I tried the "save as" button, it seems to just save 1 file, a .csv file, but even when I click save that actual file doesn't even get saved, nothing gets saved.

Well it's not a mod (my GSC is 100% stock) it's just lines of parameters in the cam files (orientation offset) and lines of code in the controller.ini files.

No big deal, I'll just back up the FFB edits in a notepad file and back them up and re-apply them every update. No big deal.

In GSC Sync, I see there is a 'save as' option. Maybe you could save the new files to a new location, then delete what you don't want to replace. then paste the rest in to your GSC folder?
But you would still have to remember all the files you have edited - for me there is no substitute for a mod enabler - just remove the mods, update GSC, and then replace them all at the click of a button.
@Keith Windsor, where can I find the "mod enabler" you talk of. I think you're referring to Jonesoft JSGME but I have spend some time searching and either find that on questionable website I don't trust or very old versions. Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%