F1 2010 Question about career mode?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi. I am about to start Career Mode for the first time. I have a couple questions:

1)How long does it typically take to fully complete a 7 season career? Two weeks? Three weeks? A month?

2)I am now at rank 50 online. I pretty much know all the tracks fairly well, and have won my fair share of races against some top notch guys. That being said, which difficulty would you recommend I set the AI to? Is it true "Hard" is embarrassingly easy? How difficult is Savage?

3)Did any of you guys stop playing career due to repetitiveness, or due to wanting to play online multiplayer instead?

The Dpad is used to make on-the-fly adjustments. If you press right you will see your options (up for engine right for wing down for tyres). So if you press right right up on the dpad during racing you will adjust the wing angle up. You can use this to give you a bit more speed on a straight or more aero going into a set of corners, but you are only allowed a certain amount of wing changes per lap (varies each race, but your engineer will kindly inform you when you can't change it). The dpad is also how you get to choose wet or intermediate tyres if it starts to rain. If you want to cancel out of anything while using the quick menu just press left or let it disappear by itself.

Thanks! So since I'm on PC and not console, will using the D-pad on my wireless 360 controller make these changes as well? If not, what is the equivalent of "D-Pad" movement on the PC version? The arrow keys?

Also, if by pressing right in the d-pad adjusts the wing angle upwards, will pressing left adjust it downwards in case I over do it?

If you're using a 360 gamepad the dpad should work, but you can check the controls in the My F1 part of the paddock. Under racing controls it will be listed as quick menu or in-game menu. To activate this menu in the race press right on the dpad and you will see it pop up on the left of the screen. From there it will show you which button to press for what you want to adjust.

So, to adjust the wing you would press Right (to open the menu), Right (to select Wing), Up (to set the wing to up).

The wing can only be set either UP position or DOWN position (default is down)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back