Question about car upgrade

rremedio

Premium
Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

So I've been experimenting with a few things and I ran into a few problems with car upgrades and I'd like to ask for some guidance.

For instance, I was trying to create a car the used the Formula Classic physics, but with a non-turbo engine, so I added an upgrade for a non-turbo engine file. It worked but the turbo is still enabled. I get the somewhat expected results by setting the turbo boost to 0.0 in the car setup: gears and speeds are correct but the car handling suffers, it loses all grip very easily on braking, making it spin too easily if I turn the car a little bit above the desired corner speed. I'm not sure that's because of the new engine file making the car less stable or because of some leftover from the original F_Classic engine not interacting well with the new file (such as other turbo physics, apart from the boost itself) so I'd like to know if there is a way to make sure no parameters from the original engine are in place when I apply the upgrade (with the added benefit of the showroom not showing over 3000 bhp, probably because of applying turbo calculations over the 680 bhp non-turbo engine file).

I managed to force the turbo boost to 0.0 in the upgrade file but that is the same as setting it in the car setup screen.

I guess I could just remove the parameters I don't want from the original file but that wouldn't be great imo since I don't want to ruin the original car.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Roberto

For instance, I was trying to create a car the used the Formula Classic physics,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Roberto
I don't know if this would definitely work on the latest AND version, but you could try downloading one of the earlier (non turbo) versions of my 1988 F Classic mod, and use an engine file from there?

I don't know if this would definitely work on the latest AND version, but you could try downloading one of the earlier (non turbo) versions of my 1988 F Classic mod, and use an engine file from there?
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I guess it would yield the same results since the old versions lack the turbo section and I don't see a parameter to disable turbo.

Anyway, I could get the handling close to what I want by tweaking a .hdv file and by using a dedicated hdv I have much more flexibility so I've given up on using the Formula Classic physics.

Thanks again,
Roberto

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 97 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%