Question about activation.

Not that I need it now, but to be sure:
On the Reiza site I read that I get 3 activations with my serial number. Now I wonder what that means.
Suppose something goes wrong with my game (e.g. after installing a mod or add-on) and I want to reinstall on the same pc, do I have to activate again and does that count as 1 activation ?
I also read that you can request a renewal in case that, but from various threads here I understand that it takes a long time before they reply on requests for support.

hm im surprised it takes to hear ppl have had problems w/ reiza getting back. they have twitter & maybe facebook accounts, niels has a youtube, they dont seem like theyd be difficult to harass. :)

i dont really remember activating mine after the first one...i think i even have 2 separate installs ( one vanilla one modded). at any rate i really would not worry about this. every time ive got a product from an indie w/ limited activaations they are more than happy to send you more if you run out.

Not that I need it now, but to be sure:
On the Reiza site I read that I get 3 activations with my serial number. Now I wonder what that means.
Suppose something goes wrong with my game (e.g. after installing a mod or add-on) and I want to reinstall on the same pc, do I have to activate again and does that count as 1 activation ?
I also read that you can request a renewal in case that, but from various threads here I understand that it takes a long time before they reply on requests for support.
I myself wouldn't worry, 3 activations should be plenty for normal use, I've never needed more than the one. Windows has a similar policy and I never had a problem over years of managing many installations.
But, if you are planning on sharing with your two buddies :), then I'm not so sure. They may be able to see activation on more than one computer simultaneously.

Thanks for your replies.
But one thing is still not clear to me. When I reinstall on the same pc, and then only reinstalling GSC and without formatting and/or reinstalling Windows, do I have to activate again or is it activated automatically again ?

I have 5 installations of GSCE and they all run on the same PC. I never had to reactivate a new installation since the key must be stored somewhere on the PC, probably registry. However, if you install on a different PC you will have to activate again.

All the best

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years