Question about AA & AF settings - Nvidia Inspector

Hey guys,
I know this topic has been discussed a thousand times and Yes, I did do a search of the forums for answers before posting. My questions is a little different, are any of you guys running a GeForce GTX 1050ti GPU on a single monitor at 1920x1080 for GTR2? The reason I ask is because I cannot seem to get rid of the shimmers and tearing/jaggies on screen and also, when I set the AA level to 32x (32xCSAA(8color+24 cv samples) it crashes and restarts my PC when I try to launch GTR2.
Having said that my specs are:
AMD X4 860 Quad Core 3.70
Windows 10 - 64 bit
8 Gigs RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

(Running all GTR2 exe's as Admin and Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility)
4gb Patch

Nvidia Inspector, I am currently using:
All GTR2 exe's properly assigned
AA compatibility = Diablo III
AA setting = 4x multisample
AA transparency supersample = 8x Sparse Grid
Anisotropic filtering mode = Userdefined/Off
Anisotropic filtering setting = 16x
Texture filtering anisotropic filter optimization = Off
Texture filtering anisotropic sample optimization = Off
Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias = clamp
Texture Filtering Quality = High Quality
Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization = Off

Also, I have tried these settings with both AA & DX9 enabled and disabled in GTR2 Config. exe.

Any ideas?
Thank You

Hey guys,
I know this topic has been discussed a thousand times and Yes, I did do a search of the forums for answers before posting. My questions is a little different, are any of you guys running a GeForce GTX 1050ti GPU on a single monitor at 1920x1080 for GTR2? The reason I ask is because I cannot seem to get rid of the shimmers and tearing/jaggies on screen and also, when I set the AA level to 32x (32xCSAA(8color+24 cv samples) it crashes and restarts my PC when I try to launch GTR2.
Having said that my specs are:
AMD X4 860 Quad Core 3.70
Windows 10 - 64 bit
8 Gigs RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

(Running all GTR2 exe's as Admin and Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility)
4gb Patch

Nvidia Inspector, I am currently using:
All GTR2 exe's properly assigned
AA compatibility = Diablo III
AA setting = 4x multisample
AA transparency supersample = 8x Sparse Grid
Anisotropic filtering mode = Userdefined/Off
Anisotropic filtering setting = 16x
Texture filtering anisotropic filter optimization = Off
Texture filtering anisotropic sample optimization = Off
Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias = clamp
Texture Filtering Quality = High Quality
Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization = Off

Also, I have tried these settings with both AA & DX9 enabled and disabled in GTR2 Config. exe.

Any ideas?
Thank You
I never played gtr2 but I know some things about the inspector.
1. Csaa stopped being a thing with the gtx 6xx series or something. It crashes the driver, never use it.
2. I can't see which "mode" your anti aliasing is set to? Is it still at "application controlled"? It should be set to overwrite or enhance to make it work :)
Also 8x sparse grid with only giving it 4 samples from the msaa kills performance while bit giving any better image. Rather use 8x msaa and 4x sgssaa if 4/4 isn't enough.

Then it's not working for whatever reason. 4x msaa with either 4x sgssaa or 8x sgssaa should be very very smooth!
Where did you find the diablo bit being the correct one?
I'm not sure that the Diablo bit is the correct one. I just read it in a similar post, so I think I'm going to try the "Walker" setting (If I remember correctly)

Normally keeping it on will work better since the engine already enables the base of it (msaa here).
You might wanna try "enhancing" and putting msaa to "application controlled).
Then set it to 4x in the game and enable 4x sgssaa in the inspector.

I had a quick read. Seems like you wouldn't need any bits at all according to some German forum.
I also found this:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-2-m3-nuerburgring-nordkurve.162844/#post-2883818
You probably found that too?
Do you have reshade or sweetFX in your GTR2 folders? If so, delete it, especially the reshade dx9 dll as mentioned in the linked post.

Here is a Screenshot of what I would set in the inspector:
Two configs, one might work :)

GTR2_Inspector_1.JPG
GTR2_Inspector_2.JPG

I had a quick read. Seems like you wouldn't need any bits at all according to some German forum.
I also found this:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-2-m3-nuerburgring-nordkurve.162844/#post-2883818
You probably found that too?
Do you have reshade or sweetFX in your GTR2 folders? If so, delete it, especially the reshade dx9 dll as mentioned in the linked post.

Here is a Screenshot of what I would set in the inspector:
Two configs, one might work :)

View attachment 314149 View attachment 314150

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to research and post that! I will definitely try those settings tonight.
I will read through that post as well. Thank You!

Let me ask a newbie question....I installed the 10th Anniversary patch, so I assume it would have the reshade and/or sweetfx with it? I will look for them in the core folder.
Yeah that might be. As I said I never played gtr2...
Lookout for any dll files that have reshade, sweetfx or enb in their name. Soft-delete them by moving them out of the gtr2 folder or delete them into the bin. I wouldn't hard-delete them.
These DLLs will be in the same folder as the exe file. Maybe you'll need to dig a bit around :)

Yeah that might be. As I said I never played gtr2...
Lookout for any dll files that have reshade, sweetfx or enb in their name. Soft-delete them by moving them out of the gtr2 folder or delete them into the bin. I wouldn't hard-delete them.
These DLLs will be in the same folder as the exe file. Maybe you'll need to dig a bit around :)
RasmusP,
I followed your instructions and it worked beautifully!! Thank You so much!!
You've been very helpful!! Much appreciated.

Glad to hear that all works for you now ;)
Just a word to say that, as it was mentioned, GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch does NOT include graphic plugin such as ENBseries, SweetFX or ReShade. So I let users choose the plugin they want :)
Moreover, the readme describes exactly what is included : if not in readme then not included, I mean no easter eggs :D

Just a word to say that, as it was mentioned, GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch does NOT include graphic plugin such as ENBseries, SweetFX or ReShade. So I let users choose the plugin they want :)
Moreover, the readme describes exactly what is included : if not in readme then not included, I mean no easter eggs :D
Got'cha! As strange as it may seem, I actually read the readme files as I can imagine there are some who don't. A lot of useful information in there! I did find a d39.dll that I removed (per instructions) and the sim still runs fine, so I assume it was from a previous mod or something. I read that if there is a d39.dll that the AA settings in Nvidia Inspector won't work. I may put it back tonight just to see what happens.
Thank You

Also, if you are the person that created the 10th Anniversary Patch....THANK YOU!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%