Qualy Vs. race setups

Hello good folks.

I think I saw a similar thread but cant find it.

I'm quite used to general setup management, so I'm thinking about specific and practical pointers from people who actually noticed what works in AC.

Some cars react quite unexpectadly to some setup changes. Camber settings for example either unsettles the car in a strange way in some cars or dont make a difference at all practically on track. In some cars I feel the difference I expect though.

I'm curious.. Generally in AC and also more specifically for the Ferrari 458 GT2 at spa. I've gotten the hang of what works for qualy and are doing decent times. But I seem to lag behind in race pace. What would be the most important things in AC to change when converting your qualy setup to a race setup, except fuel, ride height and tire choice?

among many:
Camber settings - for a "hot lap" you're probably running a lot of negative camber; great for 1-3 laps but your tyres will wear too fast with those settings in a proper race (>6-10 laps, for example) i.e. the tyres will "go off the cliff" too soon and you'll get left behind by other cars with more sensible race setups.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%