F1 2017 Qualification seems a bit tough

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Is it me or are the magic times they set at the end of a session basically 110% times? A friend of mine is playing at 95% and that's what he's getting right now, but at the same time, 2016 had a very similar bug and even on Ultimate they'd actually set faster times with this bug.

I thought I saw the same thing. I was well ahead of my teammate at the end of the session, and I let the time run out naturally, but when the final standings were shown, my teammate was over a second ahead of me.

Good to know I wasn't imagining it.

Same here. I got bumped from like 11th all the way down to 20th. Next time I play i'll check the race director times to see sectors with a few seconds left and then see how they match up post session. It seems unreasonable and makes me feel like i'm playing 2010 again

Same here. I got bumped from like 11th all the way down to 20th. Next time I play i'll check the race director times to see sectors with a few seconds left and then see how they match up post session. It seems unreasonable and makes me feel like i'm playing 2010 again

Check here, I see someone has reported it today: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56473/bug-fake-times-calculated-at-the-end-of-qualy#latest

Oh and I remember Sainz was actually 1.4 seconds ahead of me when the standings came up, after being far behind me as the timer hit 0 (no time accel).

Please respond there if you can, we need as much attention as possible on this, as it's the only really frustrating bug (if you're doing 100% races in career - the wear scaling bug is probably also frustrating if you do 25-50%, although I don't have that problem).

On 104% it seems to be alright for me, depending on the track - for example, in the Renault, I qualified 15th at Bahrain, and then 6th at Russia. I do agree with the point made about the sudden jump in times at the end of the session, sometimes people are gaining 7 tenths, which in China I believe put me from 7th down to 11th in Q2.

On 104% it seems to be alright for me, depending on the track - for example, in the Renault, I qualified 15th at Bahrain, and then 6th at Russia. I do agree with the point made about the sudden jump in times at the end of the session, sometimes people are gaining 7 tenths, which in China I believe put me from 7th down to 11th in Q2.
Even on 110% in Australia they were gaining the exact same amount. Luckily I managed to exploit it by forcing it to push me down to 11th and thus get fresh tyres, but on tracks where you really need to qualify high up, this is going to be an absolute pain.

is this because of time skipping/acceleration?
Doesn't look like it. Far as I can tell, it only happens when the game is not processing what's going on on the track at all, such as when you start a direct flying lap, return straight to the garage, or, most aggravatingly, when you finish the session. The problem was actually present in 2016 as well, but now it happens for the vast majority of drivers as opposed to only a handful like it did in that title.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back