Quad monitor setup 1440 triple with 1080 overhead

Hi all, Just wanted to get some clarification on the following as I presume some of you may run a similar set up.

I currently have a triple screen setup with 1440p monitors LG 32GK650F-B. Only currently running one in gaming due to waiting on new GPU 3080. I would like to get a fourth monitor to run above the triples.

If I was to get a 1080p monitor would this cause any issues being a dissimilar resolution than the rest. . Thanks.

Nice setup! Should not be an issue at all, usually you set triples up as a surround setup which is treated like one large monitor, additional monitors are treated separately.

With sockets you will likely need to run it off HDMI though instead of Display Port which will be taken up by the 3x 1440p monitors. Should have no issues if running HDMI at 1080p 60hz. I'm running 3x 2560x1080 200hz monitors via DP and a 4k60hz monitor via HDMI overhead no problem on a 2080ti so you should be fine. the 4k monitor needs to use a 5m HDMI 2.0 cable to get 60hz.

Just as a side note:
I did have an issue on the 200hz monitors using 5m long DP v1.2 cables with them flickering on and off at high refresh rates, but upgrading the cables to DP v 1.4 solved that problem for me even though these monitors technically do not support that standard, the quality uplift means the signal doesn't degrade as much. So if you say need to buy longer cables for your setup pay close attention to the spec of them.

Nice setup! Should not be an issue at all, usually you set triples up as a surround setup which is treated like one large monitor, additional monitors are treated separately.

With sockets you will likely need to run it off HDMI though instead of Display Port which will be taken up by the 3x 1440p monitors. Should have no issues if running HDMI at 1080p 60hz. I'm running 3x 2560x1080 200hz monitors via DP and a 4k60hz monitor via HDMI overhead no problem on a 2080ti so you should be fine. the 4k monitor needs to use a 5m HDMI 2.0 cable to get 60hz.

Just as a side note:
I did have an issue on the 200hz monitors using 5m long DP v1.2 cables with them flickering on and off at high refresh rates, but upgrading the cables to DP v 1.4 solved that problem for me even though these monitors technically do not support that standard, the quality uplift means the signal doesn't degrade as much. So if you say need to buy longer cables for your setup pay close attention to the spec of them.

Thanks for the reply. Great to hear from someone with relevant experience.

I mean its not a common setup by any means and a expensive one at that, but more likely to find people with it on this forum than anywhere else I think. Its quite a well used setup for all those OP Youtubers out there as well. Telemetry, Settings and Discord chat overhead, while the triples used for the racing.

Just need to think about your seat so you can rest your head comfortably while looking at the overhead monitor.
Are you using a rig to fit it all?

I mean its not a common setup by any means and a expensive one at that, but more likely to find people with it on this forum than anywhere else I think. Its quite a well used setup for all those OP Youtubers out there as well. Telemetry, Settings and Discord chat overhead, while the triples used for the racing.

Just need to think about your seat so you can rest your head comfortably while looking at the overhead monitor.
Are you using a rig to fit it all?
Yea. I have an 8020 rig and monitor stand. Pretty much everything is good to go.

I have been running my 1070ti for the last couple of months holding off until the 30 series cards were released.

I purchased an Asus tuf 3080 on release night and received comunication yesterday it is ready to be picked up. So happy days can't wait to finally get the triples up and running.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back