Q and G2 rules

Regarding some of the points made in this thread:

As David pointed out, the rules state the allocation requirements for a grid 2 event.

The 36 limit was set because we felt people would not want to drive unless there was at least 10 people on the grid. However, last year one of the main complaints was that 10 people was too small of a grid for people to bother showing up.

Also regarding this:
I second what Tim says, Why not open the grid. This could be quite useful for the WS as it's usually one full grid with 1 race. There was preq once and one driver was not allowed to race. Could have just let him race...
Ben pointed out the lag issues: If there are 27 drivers and we allow that, what happens when we have 28... 29... 30 etc.

The server can't handle unlimited grid sizes unfortunately. The 26 grid limit was set because it is the highest allowed in F1.

Now for an idea:

I haven't talked about this with Johannes yet, but what if we were to have "fun" races on non-FSR weekends, open to everyone. The races would be unmonitored, and the results wouldn't be uploaded on GPCOS, but it would be a race at least.

Ben pointed out the lag issues: If there are 27 drivers and we allow that, what happens when we have 28... 29... 30 etc.

Why is there lag with 27 people? RD host 8hr races with 40 drivers and have next to no lag issues.

My point was, that if there are one or two extra people sat there, prepared to race, then why not expand the grid. It probably wouldnt work though as people would ask for the same thing if there were 3 or 4. I guess there needs to be a line drawn somewhere (am I having a conversation with myself?)

A 'fun' race on the weekend before would be good. Weren't races like this run in the past (the AMA, PRO, etc days)?

I think if the FSR admins assign a little prize for the G2 drivers it will be a motive for them to come and do the pre Q session but with a second chance to win that prize if they did not make it to the G1 race, I mean here something like three free game.

There is also an idea of: Making G2 a stand alone championship that their drivers assigned before the starting of the season so I know from the beginning that I will sure have a spot and will do a full weekend.

Also another Idea which is the race of the re servers, all reserve drivers take part in a race of 35% of the WC laps, and you can include also all the drivers whom did not secure a spot in G1 and also to give a small prize at the end of the season to the "Best developed driver" after putting the criteria of how to decide that.

Just want to share my thoughts.

Best of luck!

Tim And Ihab has some good points and idears there. but about making g2 a championship on its own. i dont think that is what FSR want. is i understand, there was more divistions in the past, so i think they are trying to step down. who knows, maybe WT is gone next year

But its great to see idears

I'm against having a separate championship with who gets to race in G1 and G2 is decided before the season. Being one of the guys who's usually having to fight for a grid 1 spot in G1 I'd hate to be stuck in G2 when I'd sometimes be faster than the guys at the back of the field in G1.

An idea: what about to allow the drivers that DNF in G1 race and got 0 points to race in G2 race together with the guys out of top26 in qual?

Sometimes there are 5-10 drivers that DNF and get 0 points, + the few that are out of top26 that could probably result in a total of more than 10 drivers in G2 I think.

That's the disadvantage of the idea. But the most they can get is 10 points as the others that got the last classified positions in G1. And in the end that's what you earn by doing a good job getting into G1, a 2nd chance if things go wrong.
On the other side, there would be better chances to have a G2 race and with more drivers to race with, so in the end more fun to everyone I would believe. I guess it would be better to race with 10-12 drivers than with 3-5.

Just an idea anyway, but there isn't any perfect solution out there when there are only just a couple of drivers out of G1 that want to have a race in G2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back