Misc Python .kn5 Extractor [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Python .kn5 extractor - Retrieves image files from AC's archives.

This is just a brief Python script for getting dds files out of Kunos's ".kn5" archives. Useful if you want to edit a car skin with more than the textures that are already present in the skins folder.

Tested with Python 2.7.1, on AC 0.2 files. Installing Python 2.7 is up to you.

To run the script, first assemble your files:
- extract the script from the 7zip (kn5_extract.py) and put it somewhere convenient
- copy the kn5 into the same folder
- create a subfolder for the extracted images...

Read more about this resource...

Downloads fine here :)
I Downloaded "python-2.7.1.msi" Installed "python"
I placed the Mod off RD In my c\users\workstation> under ACmod ,
Within AC Mod I had the kn5 extract , And another Folder "py_kn5"
I run "cmd" c\users\workstation>python kn5_extract.py <tatuusfa1>.kn5 py_kn5 And then enter ,,,
it say the system can not find the file specified ???
WHat Am I doing wrong ?

Can someone please make a quick video guide on how you are exporting the textures through "cmd" so I get get cracking with some new mods please :thumbsup:

Can someone please make a quick video guide on how you are exporting the textures through "cmd" so I get get cracking with some new mods please :thumbsup:
omit the < and > around the car name. Those are part of the conventional "Put your filename here" in computer info systems speak.

You'll also need to supply the full path to the kn5 file since you are running the script from your home directory structure. Something like:

python kn5_extract.py "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\abarth500\abarth500.kn5" kn5abarth

Last edited:
http://imgur.com/a/tKaxh
1) Folder with the script + kn5 + subfolder in it
2) Type the command into cmd.exe while at the folder (ie. C:\Images\bmw_m5> is the same folder - you can move using 'cd' if you start elsewhere. Or just move the files to C:\Users\You, which is where it defaults to afaik)
3) Hit enter
4) The files are all there.

http://imgur.com/a/tKaxh
1) Folder with the script + kn5 + subfolder in it
2) Type the command into cmd.exe while at the folder (ie. C:\Images\bmw_m5> is the same folder - you can move using 'cd' if you start elsewhere. Or just move the files to C:\Users\You, which is where it defaults to afaik)
3) Hit enter
4) The files are all there.
When I open my "cmd" it says this ,
Untitled.jpg

yours is straight to C:\ ?
i Can not seem to get anywhere just keeps saying that it can not find the file specified

Or you can press shift+right mouse button from inside the file and select open command promt here.

Okay watch this....should help you 100%.

Lot easier than me trying to explain it too you.....would be here all night writing in text.

Okay watch this....should help you 100%.

Lot easier than me trying to explain it too you.....would be here all night writing in text.

Your a Star m8 Cheers works Perfect :) :thumbsup: I Am just going to ask you from now on anything that I need to know I ask other people and its always you who helps me out :) You are a PC Encyclopedia

No worries. I never wrote the script thats all stereo's work, far as I'm concerned he's the genius here.

The python install....it's always the path bit people don't do. And shift with right click is an easy way to make sure you are in the correct folder. :thumbsup:

Could you Please make a "kn5_import.py" Please I have some awesome Showrooms but Can not import back to the .KN5 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back