Purple Smoke Probem in GTR EVO

Installed me new graphics card the other day and its been fine till someone kindly blew smoke all over the track in yesterdays race. Then I thought..... that smoke aint usually purple. For some reason on my new card I get purple smoke an also a greeny type smoke when cars hit each other or lock up???

Card is ATI 4870.

Attachment is screenie:

Attachments

• Smoke.jpg
    Smoke.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 274
That is I with the purple smoke :nod:

I only seem to get it with the F1 & Clio's.

Never noticed it before in a mini but I will need to double check as it has been a while since I blew up the engine other than the clio.

Sounds like it's in 16 bit colour mode if it's also with default cars. Check your Race07/GTR:E video settings and see if it's been set to 16bit colour rather than 32 bit colour.

Installed me new graphics card the other day and its been fine till someone kindly blew smoke all over the track in yesterdays race. Then I thought..... that smoke aint usually purple. For some reason on my new card I get purple smoke an also a greeny type smoke when cars hit each other or lock up???

Card is ATI 4870.

Attachment is screenie:
Maybe it is still trying to find your old graphics card. :nod:

Sounds like it's in 16 bit colour mode if it's also with default cars. Check your Race07/GTR:E video settings and see if it's been set to 16bit colour rather than 32 bit colour.

You're the winner.. You have given the correct answer to our test :good:

(I'm so embarrassed, thank you for pointing out what I noob I am :D)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%