GT5 PSN Restoration Begins Now

Nick Caplin - Head of Communications said:
Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and will be able to change your password when PSN services are restored in your country. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole region. The process has begun and some countries are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach you.

In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3′s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

Update: the phased restoration of certain PSN services has begun. We’ll let you know as each territory goes online via @PlayStationEU on twitter, at which point you will be able change your PSN password.

PlayStation Blog Europe

PlayStation Twitter Europe

As soon as multiplayer functionality and all of GT5's online features have been restored, new Club events will be posted. The Championship will follow shortly afterwards once we've confirmed that everything is working correctly.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Edit:

PSN Welcome Back Schemes:

Europe

North America

Edit:

Sony have released details of their identity theft protection programme for the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

Identity Theft Protection Programme

inFamous and Dead Nation are by far the best two games of the five. I already had both though, so I went for LittleBigPlanet and Wipeout. I don't like arcade racers so unsurprisingly I don't like Wipeout much. LTB is ok as a novelty I suppose, but it's essentially just a 'clever' Mario style platformer. Never liked platformers, even when they were all the rage a couple of decades ago.

Oh well... I had a trip down memory lane with Streets of Rage 2, one of the games available for free with the 30 days PS+ membership.

why don't you like them?

Simply because they're not my thing. I like simulators and realism when it comes to racing, not fantasy and make-believe.

I have a 2GB Memory card for my PSP, but Little Big Planet alone is already 1,3 GB. Is there a way to keep the game, but that it doesn't take so much space on my memory card?

Can you not transfer the game from your memory card to something else for storage, like your PC/Laptop? I don't have a PSP but a quick Google search shows that they just use regular memory cards so all you'd need is a card reader. Some laptops have card ports built in. But having said that, memory cards are also pretty inexpensive these days so you could just buy a bigger one. 4GB for £6, 8GB for £13... and I'm sure you could find much cheaper than that too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back