GT5 PS3 Replacements Parts

Just before Christmas a game (AC: Revelations) showed serious graphical problems such as flickering textures, stretched models, and various other anomalies. Other games seemed fine but I couldn't find anyone complaining about any particular problems with that game. What I did find is people having the same issues in various games because their PS3s were overheating.

I'm not afraid of tinkering, so I'm thinking of replacing the fan (which has been rattling for the last couple of months) and replacing the thermal paste on the heat sinks. There are 1001 websites and online merchants out there selling parts, most of which are probably utter garbage that either don't do the job or only last five minutes.

Does anyone know of a seller that is proven to be good? (Preferably from personal experience.) Note that my budget is rather limited so going to Sony or an 'official' source is not an option.

Since I'm no longer interested in GT5 or AC:R, I haven't touched my PS3 for months. To that end I decided not to waste any of my limited funds trying to fix it. Unless some outstanding PS3 exclusive comes along that I cannot live without, I'm not sure I'll ever bother... I was even considering boxing it up and sticking it in the attic to free up some desk space recently.

I've returned to proper PC sims for racing and have a 360 that can fill my console needs.

If you want to save space and get some money back, fleabay it! I've sold broken or nearly broken items in the past and they do sell. Free up space and get some wedge for beers!

My PS3 has started to make noises in the drive bay if a disc is present upon start up... Sounds like it's on it's way out but replacing a drive is gonna be a bit too pricey judging from the link above...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back