GT5 PS3 ERROR CODE 80010514...............

Has anyone encounter this problem while trying to load GT5? game will not load. mind you my Ps3 is four years old now and is been behaving however it wants for last year now. Maybe time for a new one?

Its probably not the game. Sony are rather tight-lipped about the meanings of the codes their console throws up, but this one appears to be most often associated with hardware failure of the Blu-Ray drive. In other words, the laser is buggered and wont read the disc. However, it's probably worth checking to see if you get the same errors when trying other games, and it'd also be worth checking your GT5 disc in someone elses PS3 to see if it works or not.

If it is your drive, your PS3 is out of warranty so you basically have two options. The first is to bin your current PS3 and go buy a new one... a rather expensive option, to say the least. The second is to repair your PS3 yourself by replacing the Blu-Ray drive. I've never done it myself, but from what I've seen/heard its a very simple procedure and the replacement drive will cost you far less than buying a whole new PS3. I believe there are even tutorial videos on how to do it posted on YouTube.

Got to agree with Ross. The second option sounds far better.
My PS3 is 2 years old now so obviosly its warranty has expired. This is my second PS3, my first lasted about 3yrs...it got the dreaded YLOD so I decided to buy a new one and sell the old on on Ebay as a faulty system. One guy snapped it up for £100 and I delievered it to him personally. Later that afternoon I got an email from him saying he had fixed it and that it wasn't a big problem...how gutted was I :(

Anyway, as I said my current PS3 is 2 yrs old so I've taken my own measures to prolong its life. I did a bit of research and watched plenty of youtube vids of various tutorials and I successfully disassembled my PS3 and replaced the standard thermal compound paste on the 2 proccessor chips on the main circuitboard with the much more effecient Arctic Cooling MX-2 paste and there is a noticable difference of the temperature coming from the exhaust vent at the back of the PS3. My console is now running alot cooler plus I got the chance to vacuum any dust that had gathered inside the console (carefully of course )

There are plenty of youtube vids showing how to open up and fix/replace units inside your PS3 so just do your homework, take you time and most of all....remember where all those screws go ;)
Replacing the Blu-ray drive or the power supply should be real easy as they are simple slot in plug connectors inside the PS3.

Here's a couple of pics of what I did :)

Here's the PS3 in all its glory :)
IMG_0117.jpg

This one show one chip cleaned and ready for new compound and the other chip with the old compound so you can see the difference
IMG_0120.jpg

Here's with the new compound before its spread out over the chip
IMG_0121.jpg

I guess if you have the money lying around and you really want a whole new system, go for it. However, I think you'll find there are places which sell replacement drives for a hell of a lot cheaper than $130... that's a complete rip-off. I've seen various places selling them for £50 (~$80) and sometimes less over here. You just have to do proper research, and not except the very first price you find.

I guess if you have the money lying around and you really want a whole new system, go for it. However, I think you'll find there are places which sell replacement drives for a hell of a lot cheaper than $130... that's a complete rip-off. I've seen various places selling them for £50 (~$80) and sometimes less over here. You just have to do proper research, and not except the very first price you find.

We get ripped off here in Canada. A used blu ray drive(why would anyone buy a used one????)cost around $80 :mad:

Buy one from somewhere else and import it? Doing that with one bought from the UK would probably still come in substantially less than $130! I feel sorry for you if all of your electronics are that over-priced though.

Buy one from somewhere else and import it? Doing that with one bought from the UK would probably still come in substantially less than $130! I feel sorry for you if all of your electronics are that over-priced though.

Not all elecronics are overpriced. just specialized items like optical drives, anything internal for PS3 we get gouged.IF you want to compare prices on our electronics, check out Futureshop.ca or BestBuy.ca. you may find it entertaining. Cheers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.6%