Ps3 controller setting guide needed

Hey guys I play a lot of racing games and sims alike. I have been able to get pretty good setting for a controller. I have a xbox 360/ps3 controllers. After the 1108 recent update, i seem to have extremely finicky steering. very twitchy. I am wondering if anyone can give me there controller settings to try. I saw a mod for this but it has no description or any other information so I don't think ill be using that. Any help or opinions{other than get a wheel} would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
P.S. It is a brand new clean install in steam.

Just to be sure, we ship with a bunch of controller presets, which includes several ones for controllers. Did you try any of those? If so, I am curious to your feedback about them. If you still have your old player profile (you seem to suggest you had a better setup before), try using the controller.json file from that.

That is exactly my point. i have attempted to reuse the same setting that come default under 360 preset, its so twitchy I cannot imagine it being playable to anyone. It was twitchy under isi in my opinion but I could get a lap in without spinning out. It seems Far worse now though. I've attempted lowering speed sensitivity to almost 0. just made turning unpredictable. I reduced steering rate it doesn't seem to work on a curve like its way to much or nothing. I've even tried making a custom curves in that box where it shows the amount your turning and throttle positions. that seems very non-user friendly do to the fact it really makes the movement unpredictable. I'de hope someone else had a set of settings they could just link a image of, so i could attempt to copy them. maybe some variation of those settings might somehow work together. This is the first time I've had to give up and search for help from the community for any racing game in an attempt to just get it drive-able. As an example i've adjusted Pcars to the point I'm actually competitive with wheel racers, that I consider to be above the intermediate level. Im not a sudden twitch steering kinda gamepad driver like many I see, so maybe i'm being picky. I just feel as though nobody could drive under {my current} feel of the controls. By no means am I says 397 has broken anything, but I am having issue.

P.S. I've made progress today.
Steering rate :6%
Speed sens: 23%
wheel sens 10%
deadzone: 7%

As a side note We really badly need the ability to set the camera deadzones. especily the look in cockpit and bumper.

mild ability to counter steer when loosing it in a corner.
Though the car seems to be balancing on the head of a pin at the center of the car. Will try more cars. I've heard people describe it as floaty.

Last edited:
The way i understand and use the speed sensitivity is. I can steer faster at higher speed when increased, thus if its lower it doesn't over steer at higher speed. If i turn it up it just turns to fast at speed. On my controller it makes it unplayable.

In addition, i have tried numerous cars and I have gotten the Nissan gt-r gt500. and nothing else,drivable. This could be because the gtr is not realistic and too easy to drive, if so them something is even more messed up than i thought. Wich means if all the other cars aren't drivable may very well be the case.

"Increasing" Speed Sensitivity will "decrease" your Steering Lock at Higher Speeds thus "less sensitive" (good for controller use). With a decent wheel capable of 900 deg. rotation you should use "0" Speed Sensitivity!

Last edited:
I have tried these
This has completely changed my driving experience to such a degree{on the controller} it no longer even feels like the same game at all. In short I can now play the sim and do mildly well. These settings feel in my head to be so utterly nonsensical ,
my mind wouldn't even let me try them until I saw someone else getting a decent result with them.

Can anyone please help me figure out how to adjust the camera deadzone? I find no settings or tutorials on it on the internet anyplace.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back