AC Prototype/GT Endurance @ Watkins Glen - Saturday 27th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Saturday 27th February we will be testing the waters of a saturday morning endurance event and you are invited to join!

800px-Watkins_Glen_International_logo.svg.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars:
  • Prototype: Praga R1
  • GT: Porsche 911 RSR; Chevrolet Corvette C7R
  • Track: Watkins Glen Boot
  • 10:30 UTC | Practice (20 minutes)
  • 10:50 UTC | Qualification (30 minutes)
  • 11:20 UTC | Race (50 minutes)

Further Event details on Simracing.gp

Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Race server password: click here

Entry List:

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/1dDKOgIL-d2p6eMyvfnTX#participants

43 Grid Slots

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Gents.

Trying to guage a bit of interest in multiclass endurance events. I've made a sample/test event that you are all, of course, more than welcome to join.

Plan would be to run these on a rare occasion, with a saturday morning/lunchtime start. Around 1 race per month/quarter.

They might have some sort of loose sync with the major endurance events of the year, Le man 24 hour etc. with a mix of cars past and present. The races will be typically longer than the usual 1 hour... possibly running them at the common 1/10 type scale used in sim racing(2.4 hours of Le mans for example). Unlike this test event, there will be about 3 or 4 weeks notice of an event so we can tip away at practicing in between our other club events.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Brian

Before Chris started organising the GT3 events on Sunday we had this finnish guy (cant' remember his name) hosting multiclass events (GT3 and LMP) on Sunday and they were great. Unfortunately I never could take part with an LMP car because back then I was a backmarker and to unexperienced for the LMP class. But this time... :D

I'm very interested in this type of events, it would be great to do endurance races semi-regularly. Coincidentally I recently tested the RSR at Watkins to try out a sound mod and liked the car a lot, so that's my pick for tomorrow, if I can make it.

Also, congrats on being staff now Brian, I'm looking forwards to join more mid-week events now that they're back on the menu!

Yeah, really great effort Brian! :thumbsup:

I also have a full schedule already for this weekend but would certainly try to participate in these future events when the announcement comes earlier.

Before Chris started organising the GT3 events on Sunday we had this finnish guy (cant' remember his name) hosting multiclass events (GT3 and LMP) on Sunday and they were great. Unfortunately I never could take part with an LMP car because back then I was a backmarker and to unexperienced for the LMP class. But this time... :D

His name is Joel - another :alien: gone awol.

Fairly new guy in the RD club races but I'd like to show appreciation for this timeslot. Unfortunately I've got other stuff tomorrow , but I'll be definetly down for sat/sun morning races , also in my opinion good timeslot for longer races, great idea indeed :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
I'm very interested in this type of events, it would be great to do endurance races semi-regularly. Coincidentally I recently tested the RSR at Watkins to try out a sound mod and liked the car a lot, so that's my pick for tomorrow, if I can make it.

Also, congrats on being staff now Brian, I'm looking forwards to join more mid-week events now that they're back on the menu!

Nice one for signing up Luca and thank you! Hope you can make it

Fairly new guy in the RD club races but I'd like to show appreciation for this timeslot. Unfortunately I've got other stuff tomorrow , but I'll be definetly down for sat/sun morning races , also in my opinion good timeslot for longer races, great idea indeed :thumbsup:

Thanks Giulio. Ye I like longer races. It normally takes me a half hour to get warmed up and settle in. They're not really suited to a 2000 utc start though, especially for any of you guys further east.

Some months ago I was searching some AC events / leagues on weekend lunch hours (I work most evenings/nights , bad for simracing :) ) and obviously I've found mostly AU/NZ communities in which servers I'll have high ping /connection delay , so that was a no go. I believe iirc sgp servers are in Dublin (did 60/70 races there) so I've appreciated this idea very much :) too bad I'll miss tomorrow , but as I said I'll be in in the future if the format stays , thank you

Last edited:
Only two sign-ups so far :( So I guess there will be no race today. If you @Interslice want to test something, I could hop on the server for a few minutes so you have a different class car. I'm at home but have some cooking to do. The parents of my wife catched the virus and we'll bring them food later on :/ I'll sign up and if you need me -> PM

But at least it looks like a Saturday appointment itself would be very welcome (especially a multi-class event :thumbsup: )

Only two sign-ups so far :( So I guess there will be no race today. If you @Interslice want to test something, I could hop on the server for a few minutes so you have a different class car. I'm at home but have some cooking to do. The parents of my wife catched the virus and we'll bring them food later on :/ I'll sign up and if you need me -> PM

But at least it looks like a Saturday appointment itself would be very welcome (especially a multi-class event :thumbsup: )

Needs 4 to launch the server unfortunately. I was hoping to get 7 or 8 folk, 3 or 4 in each class, but wasn't to be.

Ah, that's too bad, but I hope we can try again in the future, I'm sure that with more notice we'd have more signups. Maybe I'll have time to test the Praga and see if I like it more than GTEs :)

Ah, that's too bad, but I hope we can try again in the future, I'm sure that with more notice we'd have more signups. Maybe I'll have time to test the Praga and see if I like it more than GTEs :)

See what you think about the pace difference between the 2 cars. The general idea is that 1 class can pass the other easily and safely in the straights but not lapping the slower class a load of times. LMP1 vs. GTE might be better on this track. It's not on the scale of spa or Le mans.

The performance of the R1 is supposed to be equivalent to LMP3, on the tighter tracks at least.

Last edited:
I actually tried a P1/P2/GTE multiclass offline and the prototypes took about 7 laps to lap the GTs, if I recall correctly. I haven't actually checked the Praga, but it's not quite an LMP3 as far as I know.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%