RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you're braking too hard and the rears are coming around. These things have no ABS, so you need to actively let the brake off gradually as you get slower and lose downforce. Happens more easily when going downhill too, since more weight is on the front. Just takes a bit of practice, that's all.

It can be reduced by messing with the setup, but I don't want to reduce max braking pressure because it's fine at high speed, and I don't want more bias forwards because it just locks the fronts instead of the rears.

I'm finding the balance between slowing quickly and locking up very difficult to get right in these cars. I'm slowly managing to move the bias rearwards but it's a very fine line to tread. I eventually managed to get some consistency in lap times, I'll find out later how far off the pace I am :thumbsup:

@CruzCtrl Randy I was trying to give a place back to you because I was unsure if I accidentally ran you wide somewhere around lap 9 in the second race.

Not sure if my attempt confused you but apologies if I caused you problems.

Last edited:
Well done Gary, practice pays off! :thumbsup:

I decided to join last minute, sorry about that. I took the Tona Proto around for a spin half an hour before the race, drove it a bit, removed all wing, drove it a big more and called it fine.
Joined the server, drove a couple praccy laps and straight into qually. To my surprise I was able to stick it in the top 3 and actually get a good launch to lead the damn thing :O_o:, onlyto see my pace about 4-5 tenth too slow compared to Laisse(sp?) and KO behind. They were faster, but I decided to give them a true fight with my super speedway wing setup :p
With about 2-3 laps to go, Laisse got a run, I defended, ran a touch wide on exit and may be have been contributing to him and KO getting together in T2. Apoligies if that was the case gents. Excellent racing non the less! :)

2nd race was a bit more meh. Decent start, held my position after some stout defending and slowly picked my way through. Inherited 3rd and two guys came together in T2 but unfortunately got turned in T2 a couple of laps later after hard fighting. I think I turned into you KO, I had absolutely no idea you were there. I should have been more aware though, but thanks for waiting even though I dont think it was nessecary :)

What a race!! Those Daytona's made my life impossible in the straights. Good battles with Pearce good stuff man..

Oops, didn't see your post, hope the defence felt fair? It was tough but the oomph out of the corners made it easier to defend, slow in fast out was my mantra. The last 2 corners each lap were interesting as I couldn't defend the second part, meant a couple of cutbacks and use the extra power....

Last edited:
Are the Ames brothers a tag team or something? I ended up sandwiched between them at one point. Sorry if my defending was a bit hard - I was trying to leave room/defend/not hit any of the circuit infrastructure

I decided to join last minute, sorry about that.
No apologies necessary mate. Unless the grid is full, entries are open all the way up to the end of qualifying. Feel free to enter even if I don't notice your post and get you on the list in time.

That was some really good racing gents. There were plenty of occasions when cars were all bunched up going into big braking zones and tight corners, yet from where I was sitting it looked really clean. Great job!

Shocking race two for me... felt slow as Hell. Then after 15 minutes I realised why. For the start I was using a bit of traction control, then after T1 switching it off. But in race two I toggled the setting the wrong way, so instead of 0% TC I was running 50%! Turned it off for the last 5 mins and was instantly over a second faster. Doh! :rolleyes:

@CruzCtrl Randy I was trying to give a place back to you because I was unsure if I accidentally ran you wide somewhere around lap 9 in the second race.

Not sure if my attempt confused you but apologies if I caused you problems.
Not at all i was unsure why you gave me the position all fair play, i knew i wasn't gonna be able to keep the pos for long i didnt knew the Daytonas were such monster in the straights lol

Are the Ames brothers a tag team or something? I ended up sandwiched between them at one point. Sorry if my defending was a bit hard - I was trying to leave room/defend/not hit any of the circuit infrastructure

No problem with your defending. We had some good laps racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%