RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second race I had an epic battle with @Celestiale , Jim kept saying he would make a mistake, but I was the one that was making mistakes, finally he made one little bobble between turns 12 and 13 that gave just enough of an advantage into turn 1 to get by him, Jim was pleased. For the Pitstop I still couldn't change presets so I got fuel and 4 tires.

I need to rebind keys and buttons for Pitstop Presets.

This was indeed an epic battle! Can't thank you enough for the sportsmanship and gentleman racing. There have been several occasions you could have gone alongside if a bit more agressive and you even backed down when I lost the tail and slid a bit once, wow. This is like everyone should behave

First race, put the car in first gear and hit the throttle, started moving!?
Jump starts were added to multiplayer in the December patch, and we've had them activated in the Club since then. You may not have noticed because some races (including the whole Porsche series) have used the new rolling start.

So yeah... no more sitting on the line in gear on the rev limiter waiting for the lights! :p

Jump starts were added to multiplayer in the December patch, and we've had them activated in the Club since then. You may not have noticed because some races (including the whole Porsche series) have used the new rolling start.

So yeah... no more sitting on the line in gear on the rev limiter waiting for the lights! :p

Yeah, I knew about it, but that was a long long time ago, plus I had been doing Ranked races and they were still using the old way. I'll remember next time, unless I forget.:rolleyes:

By the way, I plan to try streaming this one with TV cams rather than the usual cockpit view. (Different PC, so I'll still be racing at the same time.) It should mean more camera time for anyone involved in close racing (auto-director will be in use), so please be mindful, respectful, and keep things clean. Lets make the stream a good promotional tool for our club! :thumbsup:

Sign me up with the Daytona #29 please - getting my Covid jab on Friday so there's a chance I won't make it depending on my reaction.

Good luck:thumbsup:
First dose (Pfizer) I had no reaction, second dose put me down for about a day and a half a day after getting it.

I'm going to give this one a miss, I'm struggling to gel with, or enjoy the combination and 40 minutes of racing it doesn't feel like an enjoyable proposition.

Have fun guys, I'll see you at the next one.

Did you try the other cars? I absolutely hated the Daytona and only chose it because it was the most orange. Previously I never could figure out where the left and right sides of the car were in relation to the track, and was always turning in way too late.
I don't know if this will help anyone as I am no setup expert.

Attachments

• 2021-03-16_12-53-17_chevrolet_daytona_prototype.svm
    7.5 KB · Views: 27
Could I switch to the DPD or whatever it is called please?

Is anyone else having issues with rear wheel locking on the downshift in the radical AER? I found it undrivable despite an hour of trying to find a decent setup today.

Did you try the other cars? I absolutely hated the Daytona and only chose it because it was the most orange. Previously I never could figure out where the left and right sides of the car were in relation to the track, and was always turning in way too late.
I don't know if this will help anyone as I am no setup expert.

@ko41 thanks, I did try all the others, it's mainly the track not the cars, never gelled with it. Too many big stops and no flow, IMHO, to it. Find it a chore to drive which this hobby shouldn't be.

@ko41 thanks, I did try all the others, it's mainly the track not the cars, never gelled with it. Too many big stops and no flow, IMHO, to it. Find it a chore to drive which this hobby shouldn't be.
Yeah, turns 1,2,3,8 I get wrong 65% of the time, turn 7 45% of the time, turns 4,5 and 6 aren't too bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%