RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Again had lots of fun.

I was second to last on the grid for the second race, looked at the dash and got a surpriseed to see it was a 20 lap against 20 minutes.

Distracted by this, I was slow to get going, (my apologies to the car behind).

I also had a problem with the pit stop for fuel. I received a drive through, when I served the drive through I literally crawled out of the pits almost to the first corner as to be sure not to get a second drive through.

good fun anyway, I am looking forward to next week.
Best wishes
Bob

Last edited:
I was second to last on the grid for the second race, looked at the dash and got a supprise to see it was a 20 lap against 20 minits.
That probably makes you the first person to realise the problem! I thought Crew Chief was going mad when he said something about my pit window at the start of the race. I was on lap 10 when I finally realised we were only halfway through... :p

I also had a problem with the pit stop for fuel. I recieved a drive through...
Oversensitive speed detection. It was a problem in the sim some time ago, they fixed it, they recently tweaked it again, and now we're back to square one.

Try making sure you stay in 2nd or 3rd gear whenever driving in the pits. Don't sit in 1st bouncing on the limiter because you're almost guaranteed to get a penalty. Hopefully they've fix it again in a future patch.

Daytona #3, might change after some testing though....
I wanted this one cuz it's orange. :( :cry:
cdp_3.png

How much to get you to change? Please. :)

Try making sure you stay in 2nd or 3rd gear whenever driving in the pits. Don't sit in 1st bouncing on the limiter because you're almost guaranteed to get a penalty. Hopefully they've fix it again in a future patch.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice
I will give that a try next time
Best wishes
Bob

First race, put the car in first gear and hit the throttle, started moving!? Drive through penalty, slowly come down pit entry while trying to select my Penalty pit stop preset, sit there for a lap pushing buttons and keys trying to change my preset, nothing works continue driving through the pits, penalty was served:redface: guess I didn't need to select my Penalty preset?

Second race I had an epic battle with @Celestiale , Jim kept saying he would make a mistake, but I was the one that was making mistakes, finally he made one little bobble between turns 12 and 13 that gave just enough of an advantage into turn 1 to get by him, Jim was pleased. For the Pitstop I still couldn't change presets so I got fuel and 4 tires.

I need to rebind keys and buttons for Pitstop Presets.

Switch me to Daytona #12 please.

Hopefully I can continue to get closer to the front. Changed the elastomer/spring combination on my diy pedals and found 7/10ths per lap consistently at this track. Looks like similar gains in ACC at least (comparing previous bests). Cost me £12 in total and a bit of time finding the best combo.

I may have spoken too soon about continuing the improvement. I'm finding this a very tricky combo to master, the other cars are no easier, as the song goes "I predict a riot" or at least carnage :roflmao:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years