RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

EU Prototype 2 @ Red Bull Ring - Sat 20 Mar 2021

UMC 22

Premium
Regarding the FFB, i know that but i figured that the differences in default strength has the purpose to simulate the real deal. But I checked, the Daytona indeed used power steering, so I'll probably tone it down a bit because i can't believe that a power steering car has such high steering forces
S3 have been messing with the FFB a lot over the last couple of years, so it's possible that the P2s simply haven't had their modifiers tuned to the latest version yet.

I toned mine down the moment I drove out of the pits. I used to love strong FFB across the board, but not anymore. The lighter I can have it and still feel all the forces I need, the better. Makes it much easier to control the car, and much less tiring in long races.

Should have made this one a Daytona-only race. :D I can't remember the car being so popular in previous P2 events.

Des Pearce

Premium
Did you try the other cars? I absolutely hated the Daytona and only chose it because it was the most orange. Previously I never could figure out where the left and right sides of the car were in relation to the track, and was always turning in way too late.
I don't know if this will help anyone as I am no setup expert.

Tried the setup, it's a more extreme version of what I settled on. I found the car locking up and spearing right in the heavy braking zones, curing that made it difficult to rotate in the same corners (IMHO). I've tweaked the engine braking, power and coast parts a bit less than yours and then adjust brake bias as fuel load changes.

Probably the most I've messed with a setup for quite a while. Maybe due to the older tyre model?

Last edited:

ko41

Premium
Tried the setup, it's a more extreme version of what I settled on. I found the car locking up and spearing right in the heavy braking zones, curing that made it difficult to rotate in the same corners (IMHO). I've tweaked the engine braking, power and coast parts a bit less than yours and then adjust brake bias as fuel load changes.

Probably the most I've messed with a setup for quite a while. Maybe due to the older tyre model?
Usually I don't change much, maybe ARB and diff on most cars. This car took a lot more fiddling with to get it to do what I wanted.

UMC 22

Premium
I could barely manage a lap at default without spearing right into the barriers under braking :thumbsdown:
That's because you're braking too hard and the rears are coming around. These things have no ABS, so you need to actively let the brake off gradually as you get slower and lose downforce. Happens more easily when going downhill too, since more weight is on the front. Just takes a bit of practice, that's all.

It can be reduced by messing with the setup, but I don't want to reduce max braking pressure because it's fine at high speed, and I don't want more bias forwards because it just locks the fronts instead of the rears.

Last edited:

Des Pearce

Premium
That's because you're braking too hard and the rears are coming around. These things have no ABS, so you need to actively let the brake off gradually as you get slower and lose downforce. Happens more easily when going downhill too, since more weight is on the front. Just takes a bit of practice, that's all.

It can be reduced by messing with the setup, but I don't want to reduce max braking pressure because it's fine at high speed, and I don't want more bias forwards because it just locks the fronts instead of the rears.

I'm finding the balance between slowing quickly and locking up very difficult to get right in these cars. I'm slowly managing to move the bias rearwards but it's a very fine line to tread. I eventually managed to get some consistency in lap times, I'll find out later how far off the pace I am :thumbsup:

Des Pearce

Premium
@CruzCtrl Randy I was trying to give a place back to you because I was unsure if I accidentally ran you wide somewhere around lap 9 in the second race.

Not sure if my attempt confused you but apologies if I caused you problems.

Last edited:

Jan Larsen

Premium
Well done Gary, practice pays off! :thumbsup:

I decided to join last minute, sorry about that. I took the Tona Proto around for a spin half an hour before the race, drove it a bit, removed all wing, drove it a big more and called it fine.
Joined the server, drove a couple praccy laps and straight into qually. To my surprise I was able to stick it in the top 3 and actually get a good launch to lead the damn thing :O_o:, onlyto see my pace about 4-5 tenth too slow compared to Laisse(sp?) and KO behind. They were faster, but I decided to give them a true fight with my super speedway wing setup :p
With about 2-3 laps to go, Laisse got a run, I defended, ran a touch wide on exit and may be have been contributing to him and KO getting together in T2. Apoligies if that was the case gents. Excellent racing non the less! :)

2nd race was a bit more meh. Decent start, held my position after some stout defending and slowly picked my way through. Inherited 3rd and two guys came together in T2 but unfortunately got turned in T2 a couple of laps later after hard fighting. I think I turned into you KO, I had absolutely no idea you were there. I should have been more aware though, but thanks for waiting even though I dont think it was nessecary :)