PROTO FUNYO F5

Cars PROTO FUNYO F5 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
thanks so much Epistolarius for this message. That's right, my mods are not perfect, i begin 3D since november 2015 and I'm alone, not easy to progress alone and just a few people give me review to progress.. so i try to progress and learn all technics. Make a MOD alone is really impossible to have a perfect car.

Working alone for months on a single car is madness. Nobody wants to help me so I have to go alone. So I often start full of projects to motivate myself and I resume one by one following the cravings every day.

Don't forget that I created this model (FUNYO F5) only from photos and videos and not from a blueprint (plan) ! It was a real challenge !

It does not matter if my models are not 100% realistic, I am doing this as an amateur, without technical and financial help but only with a lot of courage.

The few rare donations have pleased me.. but for me the main thing is to have fun creating and progress at my own pace :roflmao::D

Having fun creating mods is the most important thing. So please don't take my critique the wrong way, I'm not talking down on you, and I'm not an expert either. I just needed to say something because the car is definitely interesting but the mod just needs some more attention and work. :) As I said, if you need help you can always ask, there are some very talented people in this forum. Perhaps you could open a thread for your mod progress here? http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-modding-discussions.414/
This might also help: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/general-modding-discussion.26/

Make a MOD alone is really impossible to have a perfect car.

Correct, its never going to be perfect. But I think the point being made is to really take the time to care and craft each project to the best of your ability, taking the necessary time to do it properly. Quality over quantity.

Don't get me wrong, you're doing a great job by yourself, and believe me, I know its not easy. But I think the people who download and enjoy these mods would appreciate it even more than they already do should you take the time to really polish it before release.

As a content consumer,
I appreciate it when the creator really takes the time, and only releases it once its truly ready (this goes for official content as well as mods).

As a content creator, I know how difficult it is to continue to work on a project that seems endless. Keeping motivation is often very difficult, and the temptation to just upload and release unfinished work it always there. But deep down I know it can be better, so I persevere and hold off releasing till I believe its truly good enough to stand on its own.

Working alone for months on a single car is madness. Nobody wants to help me so I have to go alone. So I often start full of projects to motivate myself and I resume one by one following the cravings every day.

I don't believe this is true - Nobody expects you to be able to create a perfect model in silence. But know there are places where the community is super helpful, and IMO very motivational.

I guess you enjoy and thrive off of the feedback you get when releasing a mod, and therefore by pumping them out quickly seems like a good strategy? I think this is normal, but even just by posting the progress here instead of feeling the need to only post finished content would probably provide the motivation to continue, and get great feedback throughout the project which ultimately helps improve the final product.

I'd recommend making a WIP thread here, I assure you some of the top creators here will be willing to offer help and advice: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-modding-discussions.414/

It does not matter if my models are not 100% realistic, I am doing this as an amateur, without technical and financial help but only with a lot of courage.

The few rare donations have pleased me.. but for me the main thing is to have fun creating and progress at my own pace :roflmao::D

I think the majority of us are in the same boat here; doing this purely because we love it. That doesn't mean we should settle at anything less than the absolute best of our abilities.

Need technical help for the physics? Make a post, there are some brilliant guys here who are more than able to assist. Modelling help? That too.

I hope you consider, as this project has huge potential, regardless of whether you have all the blueprints or not. I think you'll find a lot of satisfaction in really upping the standards of this car.

In PM on the main AC forum I gave you a rundown on dds texture compression and Ambient Occlusion, but you never replied to that message :cautious: I still don't know which modelling tool you use. How can we help you when you release a new car without any prior indication :unsure:

Yes that's right ! You help me for the DDS I remember, We had exchanged some mails on AC forum (I remember in september)
Do not be furious AccAkut, you helped me a lot on the DDS and I am very grateful ! :thumbsup:;)

I moderate my post yesterday, it is true that I have helped every time on the forum AC :thumbsup::D

J3D MODDING updated PROTO FUNYO F5 with a new update entry:

PROTO FUNYO F5 V.1.5

Hi
after a mistmake, re-download the file if you do not extend the sounds of the tyres...

MOD FUNYO F5 is on version 1.5
The update includes the following changes:

- optimization of the sound bank
- blink correction on alfano
- optimization of tires and tire wear
- blink correction on alfano
- optimization of the physics: handling, re-stepped gearbox
- new aerodynamics
- new SETUP
- new AI more aggressive ! Good luck to finish first with a 100% AI !!

I also open a server to be able...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi guys, just wanted give my little bit of input.

Yes, I helped with the physics for this latest update, but please be aware that I'm no expert, and we had very limited data available to us (so be kind!).

I'll give a quick rundown of what I worked on, and I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it further.

• Aero was started from scratch - overall downforce has been reduced after feedback from the Funyo team, and aero balance is now more in line with what you would expect. Its much easier to spin now, since the aero is not so heavily rear biased.
  • Torque curve was altered slightly, and also reduced to simulate transmission loss.
  • Final drive was corrected.
  • Suspension was heavily reworked; spring rates, damping, steering geometry etc (FFB should be less jerky and smooth).
  • Tyres were reworked, though I'm not 100% sure on them yet.
  • Brake bias has been sorted - defaults to 50%, though in some cases a bit lower or higher works better.
  • The setup now has a lot more scope (probably too much), so now you can tune the car to your liking.
Laptimes are reasonably close to the real car, though in my testing the softer tyre is still a bit too quick. I also think for both tyres the longitudinal grip is a little high, as its impossible to lock the brakes just now.
There are also some inaccuracies with the wheelbase and track width, as the 3D model is not 100% the correct dimensions at the moment.

Anyway I hope you enjoy, it really is a fun thing to throw around - I'm not guaranteeing any sort of authenticity or perfection, but it now resembles much more what you would expect from a car like this (physics wise).

:)

It's a great job that gary did :thumbsup:
he helped me understand the aero and the car reacts well.
However there are improvements to be made again, the tires heat strangely, I'll take it again, that's why the car seems to float.
I will continue to work on the aero, now that I am motivated to put the hands in !

I hope to make an update soon, after making changes here and there.
The setup is going to be a little lightened because I had returns of pilots too :thumbsup:

I raced this car up Trento yesterday night, really come a long way :) Driving physics feel really good and spot on for a car of this style.

A few points:
- the wheels are really narrow, is it like that in real life?
- the steering wheel could use a higher Res texture and normal map. It's always right in view
- probably by design, but I had to use reverse a few times on the Trento hairpins :D more steering angle would help
- the driving physics have no turbo. Even if it's a low lag factory turbo charged engine you should simulate it, especially in a car of this type

Keep up the good work :)

Hello AccAkut

Thanks so much for your review. Ok I take your comment for the next update, steering angle is may be a little small. Yes for textures, with your helps, I continue to progress. But that's right, I don't use "ambiant oclusion" so my cars are not really beautifull same IRL... I need to progress on mapping too. For the turbo, this model have not. It's a small PROTO but FUNYO have other model with strong motor too !
In fact I need to have 72 hours in each day now to work lol

Hello AccAkut

Thanks so much for your review. Ok I take your comment for the next update, steering angle is may be a little small. Yes for textures, with your helps, I continue to progress. But that's right, I don't use "ambiant oclusion" so my cars are not really beautifull same IRL... I need to progress on mapping too. For the turbo, this model have not. It's a small PROTO but FUNYO have other model with strong motor too !
In fact I need to have 72 hours in each day now to work lol
Going by your skins your mapping is fine for AO... as long as their are no overlapping parts it will bake just fine.

Ah, then it makes sense. I read that the engine was from the Peugeot RCZ, didn't know it was available without a turbo (or Funyo cut it off ;))

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%