Proposing another concept contest

hello peoples i am proposing we do a large vehicle contest for instance a freight hauling vehicle it has to say be able to pull a certain weight up a hill be economical for a truck at least or lorry for you Europeans maybe a limit of a 10 cylinder engine no larger than 20 liters displacement handle decently again for a truck or lorry and be suited for all road types can either be petrol or diesel powered but can not be a huge powerful thing has to be realistic and has to be suited for long trips so no little trucks or alternatly you can do a heavy duty pickup truck along the same lines we just need to get more attention of the model makers on making pickup trucks post any suggestions on revising rules lets give everyone say 2 to 4 months to do it

How about a modifying competition? That could include conversion of models I suppose. Say you get a car and have to modify to be a.. I don't know.. military vehicle, or maybe an offroad racer..

That might be kinda neat. But unless someone has actually been in a vehicle like the desired result (like the offroad racer or military you mentioned) then they would have no real idea how to set it up or what it should feel like and such simply due to never having been in one before. :/
The same is true for any street only conversion but at least sometimes people have a decent guess.

Hmm, I've been in a few Landies and one of the N.Irish police's riot land rovers. That was fun. The best we can do is drive other Racer offroaders :p

My other thought was like turning a street car into a racing car (such as btcc). It would be cool if we could modify cars that are already in racer, with permission of course.

That might be kinda neat. But unless someone has actually been in a vehicle like the desired result (like the offroad racer or military you mentioned) then they would have no real idea how to set it up or what it should feel like and such simply due to never having been in one before. :/
The same is true for any street only conversion but at least sometimes people have a decent guess.
thats why you do, say a Race car, something people might actually know how to modify.

but I'd rather have another concept competition, not a mod this vehicle competition lol.

concept is cooler than creat real cars .. real cars i prefer to convert, it is easier and practical than waiting a good person called angel to do from scratch a car that i like very much. After Tiberius's jag and my booster, harey's caravans and anothers, we have no more new car made from scratch for here..

I'd like to participate if i know exactly what kind of vehicle we have to make;) Personally I prefer scratch-made cars like the previous competition. And rather normal cars in stead of heavy vehicles. But why not something like BMW X5 or Mercedes GL etc? Or people carriers, Previa, vito, transporter, zafira? since racer hasn't got much of them..

Maybe a poll will solve the problem?:)

I'd like to participate if i know exactly what kind of vehicle we have to make;) Personally I prefer scratch-made cars like the previous competition. And rather normal cars in stead of heavy vehicles. But why not something like BMW X5 or Mercedes GL etc? Or people carriers, Previa, vito, transporter, zafira? since racer hasn't got much of them..

Maybe a poll will solve the problem?:)

well it still harkens back to the budget one we just had since t had a requirement of being a partial people carrier XD i was thinking something like a work truck competion ya know like a light commerical vehicle like the f series trucks and the chevy 1500 2500 and so fourth requirement should be it should be fuel efficient ya know as i poster previously not a bug huge quad turbo racecar yaknow within reason have no larger than a 7.0 engine since most new trucks dont have over one anyway maybe having a certain payload capaicty in the bed and beable to seat a certain amount like the previous competition
as far as the engine goes cant have anymore than 500 HP thats a pretty sturdy amount in of its self no restriction on fuel types except no electric motors XD Real men dont have golfcart motors in their work trucks ;P but yeah i think a work truck or suv type thing would be awesome

well it still harkens back to the budget one we just had since t had a requirement of being a partial people carrier XD i was thinking something like a work truck competion ya know like a light commerical vehicle like the f series trucks and the chevy 1500 2500 and so fourth requirement should be it should be fuel efficient ya know as i poster previously not a bug huge quad turbo racecar yaknow within reason have no larger than a 7.0 engine since most new trucks dont have over one anyway maybe having a certain payload capaicty in the bed and beable to seat a certain amount like the previous competition
as far as the engine goes cant have anymore than 500 HP thats a pretty sturdy amount in of its self no restriction on fuel types except no electric motors XD Real men dont have golfcart motors in their work trucks ;P but yeah i think a work truck or suv type thing would be awesome
I was kind of thinking of like a pick up truck myself (maybe like a small pick up) or larger work type truck. I feel like an SUV(or a Crossover) would be too similar to the competition we just had.

I was kind of thinking of like a pick up truck myself (maybe like a small pick up) or larger work type truck. I feel like an SUV(or a Crossover) would be too similar to the competition we just had.

harey you hit the proverbial nail on the head i kinda agree totally XD its just all the finer details how are for my proposition on the power and displacement rules?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back