Proposing another concept contest

hello peoples i am proposing we do a large vehicle contest for instance a freight hauling vehicle it has to say be able to pull a certain weight up a hill be economical for a truck at least or lorry for you Europeans maybe a limit of a 10 cylinder engine no larger than 20 liters displacement handle decently again for a truck or lorry and be suited for all road types can either be petrol or diesel powered but can not be a huge powerful thing has to be realistic and has to be suited for long trips so no little trucks or alternatly you can do a heavy duty pickup truck along the same lines we just need to get more attention of the model makers on making pickup trucks post any suggestions on revising rules lets give everyone say 2 to 4 months to do it

Just a few problems:

1. Racer can only have a maximum of 8 speeds. Pretty much all tractor-trailers have more than this.

2. It would be nice to do a Pickup or some other heavy vehicle, but let's finish the current comp first.

3. How does racer do with simulating heavy vehicles? For awhile, there was some serious issues.

4. Racer doesn't have support for 5th wheels or trailers.

Just a few problems:

1. Racer can only have a maximum of 8 speeds. Pretty much all tractor-trailers have more than this.

2. It would be nice to do a Pickup or some other heavy vehicle, but let's finish the current comp first.

3. How does racer do with simulating heavy vehicles? For awhile, there was some serious issues.

4. Racer doesn't have support for 5th wheels or trailers.
1. This is true, very few rigs these days have at the very least, 10 speeds.

2. Yes, lets finish the current competition before discussing the next one.

3. Weight would be the main enemy on a heavy vehicle, I remember when I was making the Peterbilt 379, unless my racer.ini was tweaked, it couldn't even handle the weight properly, not that it easily could handle the power output of the thing. hence why that project was scrapped.

4. Trailer support would be nice, but its not necessary. (just imagine that driving my Omni and towing a 30 foot trailer lol.... well more like dragging it.)

I'm thinking in terms of a "big, huge and unnecesary SUV-truck" - competition of sorts, before SUV's in general are proscribed as stupid by the public.
But first let's finish the current comp.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%