Proposed changes to the R3E Club

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
Greetings gentlemen,

It should come as no surprise that the R3E Club is going from strength to strength, in no small part thanks to you guys.
It has in fact grown so successful that it's started to become slightly difficult to balance the need of both the older members wanting powerful cars, and the need to have some low-power stuff for our more recent members.
Furthermore, I wanted to re-design the Rookie Race concept so the trainees had a more practical session aimed directly at a later race.

So with that in mind, your fearless leaders (that would be me and Kenny :D ) have come up with a solution to test out.
But since we don't want to just drag the club-members into something without given them a chance to respond, here's your chance to give some feed-back.

The pitch is a bi-weekly schedule along these lines:

Week 1.
Tuesday: Grab-bag day. Less used content, new releases, or just the odd stuff.
Or in other words, same as now, basically.

Thursday: WTCC, as always.

Saturday: GTR3s as a fixed entry every other Saturday.

Sunday: Low-power stuff. NSUs, Audi TTs, the upcoming FR Junior, maybe Silhouettes.

Week 2.
Tuesday: Same as above

Thursday: Same as above.

Saturday: Low-power stuff, with a 2 hour practice period. The first hour of which is reserved for people who want 'lessons' in driving that particular combo.

Sunday: High-power stuff. GT3s, Group 5s, P1/P2, and so on.

The main idea here is that whether you're interested in high-power or low-power stuff, you have a race every weekend, two if you want both.
And again, this is meant as a test.
If it's a success, great. If not, we simply revert to the current schedule.
My main concern is that we could possibly 'overload' the schedule, and end up having many races but few drivers in each, but I'm more than happy to give it a whirl.

So what do you guys think. Good idea? Bad idea? Completely indifferent?
As always, speak up if you want to be heard. :)

Finally, let me say that this whole thing started with Shawn Jacobs springing the idea of a fixed GTR3 Saturday.
So if any of you have thoughts or ideas re. the club, let either Kenny or me know.
We won't promise we can integrate all or any of them, but I can assure you that we'll listen.

If it is too late, definitely let us know, the later time slot was my idea means I get to get out of bed a 530am instead of 430am lol I definitely don't want to disadvantage everyone for the one crazy Aussie. So completely understand if you all wish for it to be bought forward an hour going forward. I'm committed so I'll still get up regardless hahaha

Oh boy, I missed this one completely between racing and working too much... and I am sure I am one of those newbies that Lars and Kenny are trying to help; so thanks a bunch, guys!

Not sure where you are with this and if you are doing Sats and if you are doing Multiclas...

As the special needs child I am, slow and living on US time, would love to see Sat and Sun races with you guys; would also join multiclass and high power stuff when available, just hardly on weekdays

Thanks again, gents...

Oh boy, I missed this one completely between racing and working too much... and I am sure I am one of those newbies that Lars and Kenny are trying to help; so thanks a bunch, guys!

Not sure where you are with this and if you are doing Sats and if you are doing Multiclas...

As the special needs child I am, slow and living on US time, would love to see Sat and Sun races with you guys; would also join multiclass and high power stuff when available, just hardly on weekdays

Thanks again, gents...

Hi Jorge

Saturdays and Sundays are happening

Saturdays alternate between NSU's one week and GT3 the next week - this saturday is NSU at Bathurst.

Sundays are a bit more random, who know's what Kenny and Lars will throw at us, but it will always be fun :) GT3's at Hockenheim this week.

Hi Jorge

Saturdays and Sundays are happening

Saturdays alternate between NSU's one week and GT3 the next week - this saturday is NSU at Bathurst.

Sundays are a bit more random, who know's what Kenny and Lars will throw at us, but it will always be fun :) GT3's at Hockenheim this week.

Thanks, Shawn! Didn't respond earlier but anyway I have to Saturday cuz is not enough time for me to get ready, plus don't yet have the track or car for this one; but will meet next week!

;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years