Proper Power Supply for Fanatec Base 2.5

Hello, I bought a Fanatec Base 2.5 for cheap, but it's missing the power cord. The problem is, is that my parents did research on a potential power supply, and they came to the conclusion that I need to buy the official $90 power supply for the base in order for the base to work correctly. Any ideas to how I might circumvent this issue and save money in the process?

Finding something in a thrift store could be tough.. I've been looking without success there. Don't get too fixated on specifically 7.5A.. that would narrow it down. That's the max number that can be drawn so you can go bigger (but not smaller).

I have this 10A 24v for my tactile amps and I just tried it and it physically fits the Fanatec CSL Elite base, has the right polarity. The wheel starts and is successful through self test, but that's as far as I took it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9KTMFT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

K

Upvote 0
Finding something in a thrift store could be tough.. I've been looking without success there. Don't get too fixated on specifically 7.5A.. that would narrow it down. That's the max number that can be drawn so you can go bigger (but not smaller).

I have this 10A 24v for my tactile amps and I just tried it and it physically fits the Fanatec CSL Elite base, has the right polarity. The wheel starts and is successful through self test, but that's as far as I took it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9KTMFT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

K
That link doesnt work anymore. Can you give the part number?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years