Proper Multiplayer sim!?

With it being F2P and focusing heavily on the E-sports I can see this becoming quite big.

I'm hoping we get great physics and ffb obviously but also a really modern simracing title with actual gaming feautures that you would expect from any other modern game.

Hopefully we get a real quick join session(Not like ACC where you end up in FP lmao).
Livery designers
Teams
Proper online ranking board.

Basically look into any modern E-sport title and just use the same concepts here.

Gotta buy your cars from a crypto marketplace that might not exist in a year or so
Even if the market place doesn't exist the nft is on the blockchain and there are multiple copies of it. you can store a copy yourself to make sure it's not lost. With NFT's the validation of ownership is independent of game's devs/publishers. They can't take it away. With NFT's even if the studio shuts down or drop the title you can still play it and buy/sell content.

I'd rather have it this way than buy(rent) content from a game studio that can shut down in a year and I might be left with nothing.

Sorry, but NFTs and the blockchain comes off as a big to-do about nothing. DLCs are proven to work, why go the extra mile to introduce more artificial scarcity and digital ownership to this? To the average layman consumer, that digital property is about as good as DLC if the game it's based on goes away.

That aside, I do hope the title is at least compelling and successful in being a solid choice for sim racing.

Sorry, but NFTs and the blockchain comes off as a big to-do about nothing. DLCs are proven to work, why go the extra mile to introduce more artificial scarcity and digital ownership to this? To the average layman consumer, that digital property is about as good as DLC if the game it's based on goes away.

That aside, I do hope the title is at least compelling and successful in being a solid choice for sim racing.
It's not about artificial scarcity. NFT's don't have to be scarce. Unless you want to build some sort of economy around them. Current use of NFT's is to speculate on the value and suck out the money out of regular people. That's not the only use case.

Content of the DLC's could be NFT's and they could be sold the same way the alredy are. With the differece that someone could resell what they don't intend to use and get some cash back while someone else would be able to buy content cheaper second hand.
There would be another side effect. Studios and modders would be incentivised to create quality content so people don't want to sell and buyer needs to go directly to them.

The problem is that the use of NTF's that benefits gamers is not ideal for the studios that are used to sucking money out of gamers. We need someone to create a quality game with NFT's that goes viral to force the industry to change.

That's why I hope Rennnsport will have NFT's and that they will benefit us. If not, it will die. The market is already saturated, there is no need for another title with GT3s.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back