PC2 Proper look for FFB spike?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, but the thing is that the most left column doesn't scroll up anymore on this site, with two different browsers; so I don't know if I'm in the proper section.

Anyway; a while ago I got a new steering wheel and now playing it finally with PC2, I want to see with different cars if the FFB is not to high.
So scrolling through the HUD, there's a page that lets you see the tires and all of that.
There is in the lower left half, a graphic of the FFB line and beneath that a horizontal bar.
On both, it's really hard to see if the ffb is spiking; the graphic can have a flat line, but you don't see if its fully "pressed" against the top.
The other one, goes pretty fast and also very hard to see, especially when you are in a fast corner.

So, how do you guys do that? Is there another way?
What to believe the most; graphic or the bar? And so on ;)

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, but the thing is that the most left column doesn't scroll up anymore on this site, with two different browsers; so I don't know if I'm in the proper section.

Anyway; a while ago I got a new steering wheel and now playing it finally with PC2, I want to see with different cars if the FFB is not to high.
So scrolling through the HUD, there's a page that lets you see the tires and all of that.
There is in the lower left half, a graphic of the FFB line and beneath that a horizontal bar.
On both, it's really hard to see if the ffb is spiking; the graphic can have a flat line, but you don't see if its fully "pressed" against the top.
The other one, goes pretty fast and also very hard to see, especially when you are in a fast corner.

So, how do you guys do that? Is there another way?
What to believe the most; graphic or the bar? And so on ;)

Cheers.

Here's a link to a little blurb I wrote that might help explain the FFB widget in the HUD. The far-right bar is the FFB clipping. Some clipping is "okay", but it's best to not have any. In reality, it is wheelbase dependant and your personal preference.

-Pops

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years