ARCA Sim Racing

Free client download here: http://www.thesimfactory.com/ASR_L1.zip

ASR 08 UPDATE 1.04 :: 10-2-09

PHYSICS CHANGES:

1. Daytona and Talladega front-end geometry change to 09 Specs/ Aero changes and slight physics re-work to decrease hyper-sensative buffering in draft
2. Rockingham suspension and physics updated
3. Radial Tires added to Short Tracks - removed Bias-Ply tires
4. Salem physics changed in reference to item #5
5. Limit spring settings on short tracks where users are bottoming out car causing graphic glitch of tires coming through the fenders. These tracks like Salem and Rockingham would not be able to run with these low springs in life so minimum settings have been changed
6. Various front-end geometry changes at ST and INT tracks to comply with 09 specs
7. Pocono Scuffs fixed
8. New wear parameters at Rockingham added for global test...will be added to all tracks and customized for next patch
9. Fixed default gears at MIS for AI

TRACK CHANGES:

1. Toledo, Daytona, Talladega, Salem and Rockingham grip level changes to comply with 09 data telemetry
2. Berlin Pit issue fixed
3. Nashville Access Road Scoring issue fixed
4. Salem - Fixed gate clipping issue
5. Added white line and cones to pit exit and adjusted pit out poly
6. Fixed scoring issue when pitting off backstretch access road
7. Fixed Rockingham laps to 312 (2008 event detail)

SOUND CHANGES/ADDITIONS:
1. Removed outside shift sounds
2. Added PitSound Package provided by Maxx_Power ((http://www.maxxxpower.net/projects/MaxxxPowerAudio/index.html))

TRACK ADDED:
1. ARCA MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY - Formerly Joesville Speedway provided as one of six tracks to be given to TSF.
A. Rebuilt entire infield and scoring loops to allow full field of cars
B. Rebuilt various other items through the track
C. Added Multi-Grooved surface
D. Added Live-Track Technology
E. Various texture Changes

Attachments

• tsf.jpg
    tsf.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 245
OK, a Race Department Special for this weekend only, ends Sunday night Midnight eastern time! As it looks like the demo is still a bit off in release time frame, in the interest of fairness, I will propose this.

For anyone who buys the sim at regular price this weekend from Race Department, I will allow a second email to be used for a full version of the sim. How ever you want to work it out, for each purchase, two users will be able to get the game.

After a purchase, please email your name and who you would like to have entered into the system as your free guest.

That's 2 for 1, buy one get one, 1/2 price when buying two ... However you want to say it, split the cost or whatever, I will honor that for you.

Best I can do till Demo is released ;)

** You must be a existing Race Dept member though, no new signups.

For anyone who buys the sim at regular price this weekend from Race Department, I will allow a second email to be used for a full version of the sim. How ever you want to work it out, for each purchase, two users will be able to get the game.

I am very interesting in that, but I don't understand, the "buys the sim at regular price this weekend from Race Department"

I thought that we just have to download and buy the game with this link :
http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/20040-how-purchase-arca-sim-racing.html#post345142

Doesn't it mean, that if we buy the game this weekend from this link and send a PM to you, you can give me the possibility to have an other one license free for a friend of mine ? (because I am a Race Department member)

very nice from tsf. They are very friendly and helpfull, couple weeks ago i had some issues and they were willing to help day in day out. I respect that from a game company and a close friend from RD

Gotta agree with that totally! Obviously, I now have the game, but had some issues getting it to work at first. TSF was extremely helpful in getting it sorted for me, spending nearly 2 hours over MSN guiding me through a process to sort it. I believe that he will sometimes even do it by remote access for you (for a reasonable fee).

Service wise, I am already impressed, I just gotta get myself ready for some racing now.....

Gotta agree with that totally! Obviously, I now have the game, but had some issues getting it to work at first. TSF was extremely helpful in getting it sorted for me, spending nearly 2 hours over MSN guiding me through a process to sort it. I believe that he will sometimes even do it by remote access for you (for a reasonable fee).

Service wise, I am already impressed, I just gotta get myself ready for some racing now.....

I can help you get up to speed. :)

That would be appreciated!

I think I need to get some track time, and a better understanding of how to set up these cars properly. Obviously it is entirely different to setting up a car for GTR-Evo etc. Any hints and tips will be gratefully received

Mike
we have some threads that help out on what to do on the track as racing
but I think I will setup 1 or 2 more threads to help out a bit :)
almost every single setup, but be carefull, it changes from time to time depending on what TSF updates on track...a real challenge :)
http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-setups/21104-all-tracks-razorblade-setups.html

how to threads on racing topics
http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/20330-how-restarts.html
http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/20312-how-bumpdraft.html

a lot of times youtube also help on how to drive a certain track :)
also watching NASCAR live races online will help a thing or 2 :)
but that I will see how we can put it in a thread with extra driving tips
great buddy...welcome on board :)

also server will be up after the F1 race :)

Thank you so much. I will not be available this monday, but an other day, I will need some tips for the setup.

I have already run with the add on of rFactor SCE and I have some difficulty to make a setup for a nascar car, it is not like a setup for the other cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%