• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Promoting ARCA Sim Racing

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by The Sim Factory, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    Very tempting. If anyone is interested in going 50/50, PM me.

2. Christopher Aponte

Christopher Aponte

Ratings:
    +9
    I say.....do it and then find someone :)
    this game is awesome :)

3. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    i was away last weekend and missed out... thanks for doing this again... just grabbed a copy so me and vaughany can fling ourselves into the voooooooooid! :D

4. Steven Palmer

Steven Palmer

Ratings:
    +1
    Not 100% sure this should go here but....

When I first bought ARCA I thought it was all about putting the foot down on the Throttle and away you go. What could be easier than going round in circles. Well as I guess quite a few of you, as well as I did, are going to quickly realise it's not that easy.

First off I thought ARCA was going to be about huge fields of cars flying round huge banked ovals. I was a little disappointed at first because having never seen this style off racing on TV, I never knew that the majority of tracks were very small tight ovals, which are tricky to drive. Not the easiest of learning curves, and dare I say not that much fun when you find yourself spinning all the time.

As a newcomer to the ARCA scene this could be big reason why people stay away from it, or rather why they don't come back.

So how to get people to stay? and more importantly for TSF is how to entice more people in. Well I have an idea that may be suited to the newer ARCA driver.

Lets have 2 weeks at Superspeed ways followed by 1 week at smaller ovals so that as the ARCA club welcomes the newer drivers we can all get used to each other and the sim. IMHO the longer ovals like Talledega offer a slightly easier start to oval racing and are much more fun.

And does it matter if we do the same few tracks every 3rd or 4th week? I think the essence of the ARCA club should be based on the fun element. Hopefully with larger fields thrashing round superspeed ways there will be always someone to race against. With more people having fun, they'll go on to spread the word amongst their friends drawing in even more people and customers for TSF, which deserves the support of our community for the excellent level of support and dedication they show to their customers.(Simbin take note)

Just my 2 pennies (cents) worth :)

5. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +197
    andrew and adam in arca yes:D

6. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    Me and someone else will also be added to that list soon. :nod:

7. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone wants to go in 50/50 PM me.

8. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
  9. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
  10. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    Waiting to hear back from Karl but it looks like we'll be getting the game :)

11. Karl Brankin

Karl Brankin

Ratings:
    +2
    Purchased 50/50 with Dustin just installing / activating now.

Cheers

12. Adam Vaughan

Adam Vaughan

Ratings:
    +9
    Turning left baby!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Eeeeeevans :good:

13. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Should be fun tonight if eveyone comes to Texas!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.