Promo video

First video glimpse of the new title from SimBin, and the new website for it.
http://www.race-game.org/

FIRST PROMO VIDEO OF RACE 07 UNLEASHED, HIGLIGHTING “CONTENT AND LICENSES”

SimBin Development Team are proud to present the first promotion video of RACE 07. Over 300 cars in 9 different classes and 32 tracks with variations from all over the world assures some great racing on PC when released after this summer.

“This first video is based on what is still to be considered as an early phase of the game but we wanted to show the world the massive amount of content that is included in RACE 07”, says Diego Sartori, Creative Director at SimBin.” With this said I must underline that SimBin will never give in to quantity over quality, with RACE07 SimBin is yet again introducing new classes and new driving styles while at the same time taking car physics, car sounds and track details that one step further”, adds Sartori.

RACE 07 – The WTCC Game will be released worldwide on PC in Q3 2007.

These are the tracks I see in the video...:

Monza
Monza Junior
Monza Reverse
Magny Cours
Magny Cours National
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch Indy
Oschersleben
Oscersleben B Course
Oschersleben Reverse
Curitiba
Curitiba Oval
Curitiba Reverse
Puebla
Puebla Reverse
Puebla Oval
Brno
Imola
Porto
Istanbul
Valencia
Valencia Long
Valencia Nacional
Valencia Reverse
Macau
Macau Reverse
Pau
Vara Raceway
Estoril
Anderstorp

The video looks amazing, and I like a lot the different cars the have added to the game.

What I don´t like are the reverse tracks, I find it OK to an arcade game, but not to RACE. I mean, in real life, tracks are homologated to be raced in one direction, because they are not safe in the wrong way, there are not sand traps, there are walls.

Cheers,
BR

The site is taking a real hammering, speed should improve within the coming hours.

Regarding the reverse tracks I agree that they are not "real", but they can be huge amounts of fun and provide some excellent racing. It adds more longevity and variety to the game. Macau reverse in the lightning quick Radicals will be a real killer :D

The site is taking a real hammering, speed should improve within the coming hours.

Regarding the reverse tracks I agree that they are not "real", but they can be huge amounts of fun and provide some excellent racing. It adds more longevity and variety to the game. Macau reverse in the lightning quick Radicals will be a real killer :D

Yes sir, i personally looking forward to the reversed tracks. I dont care if the layout is real or not.. If SimBin makes 200 fantasy tracks and adds it to the game it would be fine by me! (Idea?)

If you investigate a little about the SimBin company, you might figure out what Vara raceway is.

I can't say anything about custom tracks, neither positive or negative.
Reason is simple: I have no clue ;)

finally downloaded the movie, looks good. But I still have the feeling it's a pimped RACE'06. For example 9 categories sounds as a lot, but it looks like this:

WTCC
WTC87
MINI
CATERHAM200
CATERHAM260
CATERHAM320

new:
SPORTSCARS (Radical)
FORMULA BMW
FORMULA 3000

The same goes for the tracks, 32 sounds like a lot, but if you look closely it's more like 15 tracks + 15 more variations of the same trakcs (reverse macau, valencia long, etc, etc).

I'm still looking forward to the game though, I hope the sportscars feel more like GTR/GTR2.

Anyone has more information on this?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years