PC1 Project Cars US DLC Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS US DLC - C7.R sun.jpg

Another month, another PCARS DLC. This time fans are treated to four new cars from the heart of American motor sports: The Dallara DW12 Indycar, Corvette's C7.R GTLM Le Mans challenger, the Ford Fusion Stock Car as well as the Cadillac ATS-VR GT3 car.

As has been the case with Slightly Mad Studios previous DLC content releases, March's update also includes a free car for those not wanting to splash the cash on some additional DLC and this month the free machine is the Aston Martin Vantage GT12, not quite American but nonetheless a thoroughbred flame spitting machine that should fit in nicely with the title's impressive array of closed-cockpit driving options.

The inclusion of NASCAR favourite Ford Fusion is somewhat controversial after much internet chatter around the game's lack of oval content, however it seems the team over at SMS have produced a lovingly crafted model that should provide plenty of thrills and spills across the many detailed racing circuits already available to drive. As well as the four paid for US DLC cars and the free Aston, the March update also brings players two new invitational events to enjoy in the form of the IndyCar Trophy & Stock Car Trophy.

Have a look in our RaceDepartment Project CARS forum for great club racing across all platforms and the latest news and discussions. The Project Cars US DLC Pack is available to purchase right now for 3,49€.

PCARS US DLC - Aston Martin G12.jpg PCARS US DLC - C7.R  2.jpg PCARS US DLC - C7.R & Caddy.jpg PCARS US DLC - C7.R.jpg PCARS US DLC - IndyCar - 2.jpg PCARS US DLC - IndyCar - 3.jpg PCARS US DLC - IndyCar.jpg PCARS US DLC -Cadillac ATS-VR GT3 .jpg PCARS US DLC - C7.R.jpg

Will you be purchasing the new US DLC pack? Which American idol are you most looking forward to trying? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it has become fashionable to bash Project CARS. Personally, I think the game is pretty good. Its not perfect and I have some complaints but I have some complaints with every racing game available, none are perfect. Assetto Corsa seems to be the darling of sim racing and yet it has many issues of its own. I just think its silly that the same 10-15 people tend to show up on PCARS threads and talk about how its not a real racing game. I enjoy most every major racing game available for different reasons and have come to accept that each has their flaws without feeling the need to bash any of them repeatedly on racing forums.

I think it has become fashionable to bash Project CARS. Personally, I think the game is pretty good. Its not perfect and I have some complaints but I have some complaints with every racing game available, none are perfect. Assetto Corsa seems to be the darling of sim racing and yet it has many issues of its own. I just think its silly that the same 10-15 people tend to show up on PCARS threads and talk about how its not a real racing game. I enjoy most every major racing game available for different reasons and have come to accept that each has their flaws without feeling the need to bash any of them repeatedly on racing forums.
I agree with what you say, but if devs didn't make claims they can't deliver on, then maybe they wouldn't get as bashed like they do, RRE takes a hammering too, just a thought.

I agree with what you say, but if devs didn't make claims they can't deliver on, then maybe they wouldn't get as bashed like they do, RRE takes a hammering too, just a thought.

Agreed. I actually think as a whole the game could be great if it weren't for the numerous issues I have with it. In fact that's why I checked out this topic in the first place, to see what people thought of this DLC. But you can't deny the issues and constant broken promises this game has, and I'm not going to apologize for arguing against people who make a ridiculous claim like the AI is fine. That's just the type of person I am, I can't stand misinformation being spread due to ignorance or whatever the case may be.

In terms of cars I'll be driving at the clubraces this is the best DLC yet. Feels like a missed opportunity to add some more great american tracks like Sebring or Road Atlanta though.

Well, its taken many hours(FFB frustrating hours), but I know have Project Cars feeling pretty good, I am really enjoying this game(hated it on release)
For me it has probably the best amount of GT3 class cars which I enjoy the most, 35 of these around Nords/Le Mans as the sun sets is stunning
Of course it aint perfect, AI is flakey, but I have learned to give them a bit of room or close gaps they cant dive into, I treat them like crazy online racers :D
There were "alot" of broken promises and it has put me off Project Cars 2, we might have Forza 7 by then anyway :D

Is this game actually worth purchasing yet. With so many major updates and opinions to suit, I am still weary of this one.
I won't purchase it right now because there is a GOTY edition coming spring 2016 - or at least at the end of March - that seems to include all DLCs released so far plus some additional "exclusive" content (exclusive in terms that those 2 new Paganis are exclusive to pCARS):
Featuring all the elements that made the original core experience a runaway success, the Game of the Year Edition will add even more to what is already the definitive racing sim:
  • An additional 50+ cars (125 total)
  • 4 tracks (35 unique locations, 100+ layouts total)
  • 60+ community-created liveries
  • 500+ features and improvements that have been added since launch
In addition, the Game Of The Year Edition will feature two distinctive and exclusive items:
  • The iconic Nurburgring Combined Nordschieife + GP circuit
  • Two Project CARS exclusive vehicles from Pagani – the Zonda Revolucion and Huayra BC unveiled at this year’s Geneva Motor Show
Source: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-game-of-the-year-edition

Agreed. I actually think as a whole the game could be great if it weren't for the numerous issues I have with it. In fact that's why I checked out this topic in the first place, to see what people thought of this DLC. But you can't deny the issues and constant broken promises this game has, and I'm not going to apologize for arguing against people who make a ridiculous claim like the AI is fine. That's just the type of person I am, I can't stand misinformation being spread due to ignorance or whatever the case may be.
How is it a ridiculous claim for me to state that in 'my experience' I enjoy the AI. Its clearly different to 'your experience' but that doesn't make it any less valid. Its simply a different opinion to yours and nothing to do with ignorance which is something I tend to consider a trait of those who only think their opinion is right.

I won't purchase it right now because there is a GOTY edition coming spring 2016 - or at least at the end of March - that seems to include all DLCs released so far plus some additional "exclusive" content (exclusive in terms that those 2 new Paganis are exclusive to pCARS):

Source: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-game-of-the-year-edition

Thanks for that insight. I wasn't aware of that being released so soon. Sounds like I might have to wait for that too.

Edit: There you go. Just logged into to VirtualR and it's the most recent post.

Well after the disastrous launch, I think the game has come a long way. Still not perfect but worth the discounted price (I have it for both PC and XBO). For me, it's a more complete game than rF2 and AC. rF2 has no career mode at all and AC's career mode is an afterthought that doesn't qualify as one. But, the physics are better in both rF2 and AC.

Does anyone else have access to this DLC cars without having bought the DLC? I haven't bought it and I can play with the indycar and others from other DLC packs I do not own

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%