PC1 Project Cars Tires

Soft tires are the stickiests, thus fastest tire. They will last about 1 full fuel load before they are not competitive. They will begin to slow near the end of the fuel stint down to about 1 second a lap slower depending on the track (i.e. the longer the track, the bigger the delta). If you are running races which never require a pit stop, there is no reason to run anything other than soft tires unless it's raining.

Medium tires are harder than the softs, but stickier than the hards. They are slower than the softs since they are a harder compound, but faster than the hards. They will last 2 fuel loads before performance drops off too significantly. Depending on your driving style and the track, you may be able to make these last 3 fuel loads.

Hard tires are the hardest compound, and thus last the longest. They are in general slower than softs and medium tires. They will last about 3 full fuel loads before the performance drops off too much. The trick is seeing if you can make Mediums with their performance drop off work better for a 3rd stint rather than keeping hards on for 3 stints.

In short, if you aren't doing long races with pit stops, there is no reason to us anything other than softs and wet tires based on the weather. The trick to picking the correct tire is based on race length and how much time you will lose in the pits changing tires verses running a tire longer on track.

Soft tires are the stickiests, thus fastest tire. They will last about 1 full fuel load before they are not competitive. They will begin to slow near the end of the fuel stint down to about 1 second a lap slower depending on the track (i.e. the longer the track, the bigger the delta). If you are running races which never require a pit stop, there is no reason to run anything other than soft tires unless it's raining.

Medium tires are harder than the softs, but stickier than the hards. They are slower than the softs since they are a harder compound, but faster than the hards. They will last 2 fuel loads before performance drops off too significantly. Depending on your driving style and the track, you may be able to make these last 3 fuel loads.

Hard tires are the hardest compound, and thus last the longest. They will last about 3 full fuel loads before the performance drops off too much. The trick is seeing if you can make Mediums with their performance drop off work better for a 3rd stint rather than keeping hards on for 3 stints.

In short, if you aren't doing long races with pit stops, there is no reason to us anything other than softs and wet tires based on the weather.
Sweet thanks and I'm doing 100% races so this was extremely helpful thanks

Hard tires are the hardest compound, and thus last the longest. They are in general slower than softs and medium tires. They will last about 3 full fuel loads before the performance drops off too much. The trick is seeing if you can make Mediums with their performance drop off work better for a 3rd stint rather than keeping hards on for 3 stints.

In short, if you aren't doing long races with pit stops, there is no reason to us anything other than softs and wet tires based on the weather. The trick to picking the correct tire is based on race length and how much time you will lose in the pits changing tires verses running a tire longer on track.
Very good info mate.I didn't think I needed to know this until I read it:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%