PC1 Project Cars Runs at 60FPS on Xbox One, New Images Released

Project Cars Runs at 60FPS on Xbox One, New Images Released
Selection of fresh screenshots flaunt karting and supercar models.
by Rob Crossley on November 21, 2014

Bandai Namco has released a selection of high-definition screenshots for its upcoming racer, Project Cars.

Following rumors that the next-gen racer would render at a reduced frame-rate on Xbox One, Bandai Namco has also clarified that the game runs at 60 frames per second.

In September, developer Slightly Mad Studios said it was also aiming for a 1080p resolution on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 editions. It hasn't yet revealed whether this has been achieved.

The hyper-realistic racing simulator was originally set for a November release date, though a month before release that date was pushed to March 2015.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-runs-at-60fps-on-xbox-one-new-images-/1100-6423745/

That's good I thought that with weather effects they wouldn't be able to achieve a genuine 1080p and solid 60fps. This was the reason that Turn 10 gave for not implementing weather effects in Forza 5 so I assumed Project Cars would run at 30fps like Forza Horizon. I wonder if it's running at a lower '1080p' resolution like GT6, rather than the native 1080p Forza 5 runs at? Turn 10 said Forza 5 wouldn't hold 60fps at the native 1080p with weather effects, and you'd think they'd know every trick to maximise performance. Especially as they're owned by 'Microsoft'.

That's good I thought that with weather effects they wouldn't be able to achieve a genuine 1080p and solid 60fps. This was the reason that Turn 10 gave for not implementing weather effects in Forza 5 so I assumed Project Cars would run at 30fps like Forza Horizon. I wonder if it's running at a lower '1080p' resolution like GT6, rather than the native 1080p Forza 5 runs at? Turn 10 said Forza 5 wouldn't hold 60fps at the native 1080p with weather effects, and you'd think they'd know every trick to maximise performance. Especially as they're owned by 'Microsoft'.

They were very careful not to say they had achieved 1080p native yet. Or 1080p at all. This indeed may not be possible, but I'd take a lower resolution.

That leads me to a question. For those who have played racing games on PC, which is more important, 1080p resolution or 60fps? Under any criteria. Thanks.

They were very careful not to say they had achieved 1080p native yet. Or 1080p at all. This indeed may not be possible, but I'd take a lower resolution.

That leads me to a question. For those who have played racing games on PC, which is more important, 1080p resolution or 60fps? Under any criteria. Thanks.

For me I want both and I spec my PC accordingly. That being said, for me it would be 1080p/30fps before 720p/60fps.

For me I want both and I spec my PC accordingly. That being said, for me it would be 1080p/30fps before 720p/60fps.

Interesting. I picked up a copy of Forza Horizon to pass the time until pCARS comes out and it does look just as good at at 30fps, but someone either at SMS or on the forums mentioned that certain physics factors (such as tire grip/slip levels, etc.) are refreshed at much higher speeds, so 60fps, it was implied, was needed to keep the view "up" with what you were feeling. Horizon doe not have the subtleties in pavement driving that Forza5 does. Then again, throw in some environmental effects in that game and that's all you need. lol.

Don't get me wrong, ideally I would prefer 60fps minimum at any resolution above 1080p, but if the game can't sustain it, I just can't tolerate a big resolution drop. 30fps isn't terrible to me. I know some people really get bent out of shape about gaming at 30fps but it doesn't bother me all that much. Sure 60fps feels smoother and more fluid but a constant 30fps certainly isn't bad to me either. As long as the framerate is consistent, that's most important.

Solid 60FPS every time. Any stutters, slowdown or screen tearing is annoying and noticeable with racing games.
At the distance I view from, to me there's only a small difference in aliasing, sharpness and detail with 1080p vs 900p. From experience it also depends on texture quality and/or post processing.

I don't mind 30fps if it's a third person game or I'm using a controller. Controllers are more damped, less precise and more assisted than when using a mouse. However the difference in response and smoothness is still noticeable, so I prefer 60fps.
Developers are saying most gamers don't care about 60 fps, and 30 fps gives games a 'filmic' look. I don't think that's true unless they deliberately add a movie camera like motion blur. Cameras add blur because they record motion in a frame for a long enough time that it causes blur. That doesn't exist in a video game.

I don't mind 30fps if it's a third person game or I'm using a controller. Controllers are more damped, less precise and more assisted than when using a mouse. However the difference in response and smoothness is still noticeable, so I prefer 60fps.
Developers are saying most gamers don't care about 60 fps, and 30 fps gives games a 'filmic' look. I don't think that's true unless they deliberately add a movie camera like motion blur. Cameras add blur because they record motion in a frame for a long enough time that it causes blur. That doesn't exist in a video game.

There is no blur in real life either. We are trying to mimic that last time I checked. I think 60fps is very important, on the console or PC. I notice the difference immediately when I switch from Forza 5 (60 fps) to Forza Horizon (30fps). Both are at 1080p but the 60fps is very noticeable in Forza 5. Real life effects, which are Forza's weak spot, can be added if you know how to do it. With the physics refreshing at 300-600 fps, you need the visuals to keep your senses in harmony. IMO.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-now-forza-motorsport-5

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 138 13.8%