PC3 Project CARS 3 Wish List

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
New game, plenty of expectations and no doubt more than a little chatter from the game developers too..

With PCARS 3 now confirmed as in development, drop a note below as to what you would like to see included in this upcoming new title.

Online : player rating based on driving behavior, performance and activity to let players access the accurate league. Online championships promote best players to higher league and the ones with bad results retrogradated to lower league.
IA : enhanced IA, more agressivity, more natural mistakes ...
Full moddable game : release new templates regularly, let active communities modding the game is a key success factor for sustainability.
Immersion : players have to feel like in the middle of the paddock. More dynamic objects, persons in the circuit, realistic pitstops
Career mode : should be online playable. New opportunities should be only based on real results and not easy by replaying game 100 times.
Rewarding : good results and good behavior should be rewarded by winning car setups, new car package (a good race engineer to help you reaching more performance)
Sounds : another key success factor of immersion, onboard or surrounding track sounds should be realistic
Dynamic weather / day-night cycle / tarmac evolution : is a standard now
Cars : Definitely more content and more official liveries. I'd love to play any of the Le Mans edition cars I'd like to. (almost from the 60's to now), play historic events like Le Mans classic, Monaco historic GP nowadays or replay historic races directly from 60s/70s on old tracks ...
Look to the most dowloaded mods of other sim racing games. Cars people want to play are racing cars only Endurance races and championships, WEC-ALMS-Blancpain (GT3), BPR GT 90s, Group C, LM60-70, CanAm, Group 5 (DRM), DTM, V8 supercars .

Last edited:
Since my wishlist in April and specifically the release of ACC I am convinced that online multiplayer features need to hit a key point of cpabilities to really make a game sell and produce a healthy community. Online racing requires practice and skill and alas the average pickup online game just isn't going to be much fun as wreckers and people faster than their skill are everywhere. By all means have basic online races as we do in PC2, that worked well for certain events such as the GamerMuscle run ones but it shouldn't be the backbone because it is in many ways a workaround. The system of safety PC2 used was a nice start but more needs doing.

I think that multiplayer must have the following to really work well:
1) It is critical that safety and pace based skill factors are combined. Whether iRacing has this right I am not sure but you ought to be in races with similar pace people and faster cars are usually harder to control.
2) Splitting on the basis of speed is essential.
3) Preplanned events which you can know about weeks in advance are vital to being able to practice properly for a race.

That is the iRacing model, and it is kind of a minimum to get a good race. However I don't believe you have to sell a subscription service like they do. Server owners could run races with limited slots and splits and their own schedule for races. The centralisation only requires to find the servers and ideally the timetable and surface it. That way players can signup for races in advance and practice with the car/track combo days/weeks in advance of a race. This puts no substantial increase in server capacity onto slighty mad nor really on the server owners as it is just some meta data and restrictions on how races are run and found. But it will help the longevity and popularity of the title. That model combined with everything else I mentioned before and what PC2 brings would make it the sim that nothing else can beat.

I've been playing pCars since day one, I have around 600 hours of game time across both titles and here is the things I would add/change/improve to make pCars 3 the best of Race-sims.

1- Bug Fixes: First of all fixing the existing problems like the Shadow Glitch/Flicker we get across all tracks, cars and times of day, it really messes with your immersion when that happens. Also the Clutch flicker still happens and also the Wet Track Flicker also happens. So TLDR: fix the graphical and input glitches present in the game engine.

2- AI Adjusts: The AI in this game can either be 1993 Ayrton Senna or a blind man on way too much cocaine, take for example the Red Bull Ring, the AI trough corners 4 to 7 is crazy fast, like they are on rails and they have 300 more HP than you, but in La Sarthe they will crawl between the Dunlop bridge and Tertre Rouge, it makes no sense and if starts to rain, you can win races going on reverse (believe me a managed to do it). Another problem the AI has is dealing with lapping back-markers and being lapped, they either dither all over the track to let the other car trough (sometimes putting 4 wheels on the grass) or they just don't move at all and the other car just nails them in the back at full throttle, add the possibility of AI mechanical failures. TLDR: Revamp the AI, at this point is primitive compared to other sims.

3- Content: Project CARS have a pretty good amount of content, several tracks and most of the relevant cars that people are looking to race, but is always nice to improve your roster. Sebring, Suzuka, Interlagos, Jerez and Silverstone 2009Ver. are some of the tracks that could be added since they are favorites in rival Sims.
As for cars/categories we could have the additions of Formula-E, DTM, V8 Supercars, Japanese Super-GT, WRC, Group B Rally, Drift, to name a few.

4- Gameplay: Apart of the AI changes necessary that were mentioned above, please add more slots for AI opponents in some tracks, Le Mans and Spa with 32 cars, Nurburgring with 30 cars is just plain sad. In game I raced these circuits in 24 hours races, and I would not see a single opponent for hours in some cases. It takes away from the challenges and magic of endurance racing, I'm not saying to put 100 cars on the Nurburgring but aspire to put a option for your players to race against 60ish cars (pCars 1 Le mans had the option to race with 50 opponents, so the tech for it does exist in your Workflow already). The addition of the possibility to create custom championships.

5- Modding: One of the major factors that rFactor and Asseto Corsa are such juggernauts in the market is because of the modding community, they make their games not feel old, Support for mods would be your major weapon. But since I still think Mod support is a far dream for pCars, at least allow people to have more than 1 custom liveries for each car and allow us to pick the opponent cars and liveries during a custom race/champioship.

6- Pyshics: One of the biggest downsides of pCars in my opinion specially on the topic of feedback to the player, improvements in the FFB for wheels is a must. Also a review of physics of the cars is necessary, I had the opportunity to drive some of the cars that are in the game in real life also, and I say that for example that the LaFerrari and Mclaren P1 are completely different in real life is not even close, but some cars are pretty accurate on their physics like the Porsche 911 GT3 R and the Ferrari 488 GTE. So a better study of the real-life references is necessary.

7- Audio: Some adjustments are necessary in this area also, some cars sound way too artificial: Ferrari 488 GT3/GTE, Corvette C7R GTE, Ford GT GTE, Carrera GT. But some cars sound really good and similar to their real counterparts : P1 2016 prototypes, Audi R8 GT3, Porsche 911 RSR GT3, Cayman GT4 to name a few.

8- Graphics: Some additions would be welcome, extra lights on the Endurance classes: Number plate, cockpit interior lights, etc. Also the addition of flag lights and flag marshals around the tracks would add to the immersion. Smoothing of the pit crews also would make the pitstop less... distracting to look at.

9- Extras: Safety Car option, Helmet/Racing Suit customization, Create a Team (carrer mode), Improvements to Photo Mode (GT Sport like), Improvements to Replays, Borderless Mode, Game running on background (annoying to have game stopped every time you alt-Tab, if I want the game to pause I press stop otherwise keep going).

Amazing well thought list @Luckrow! Agree with most of it but i would like to offer a different view in regards to modding.

I mentioned this to @Ian Bell over twitter before but I think there is a chance not for modding per se but to get some of the big modding teams to launch unofficial DLC. how many of us would pay a tenner to get RSS formula cars in game? A DLC comprising of the formula 3, 2 and 2017 - 2019 Hybrids? It would be awesome giving us amazing content and maybe new hybrid system, RSS would get money from the sales and the SMS team the ability to get some extra funding and keep development for longer. Maybe fixing some of the most annoying bugs and increasing consistency across the board. Maybe even learn a thing or three.

Road car physics always felt meh in this title imho. Some of the FB files improve then though. Would love to know your thoughts on it!

If I was Directing Project Cars Revolution:

I would not add cars or tracks to the game, however, all the DLC from Project Cars 2 would be included in the base version of Project Cars Revolution, all new content would be released in additional DLC & patches.

In order of priority:
1. (*****) I would prioritize working on Madness engine physics (Collaborate with Reiza as they build AMS2) & work on improving Project Cars Revolution physics overall
2. (****) Improve AI (Starting with Ovals, then RoadCourses, then Rallycross)
3. (***) Add option for whole course cautions
4. (***) Improve Default Setups and add more created options
5. (**) Improved FFB & Wheel Support
6. (**) Work on improving cars that were already in Project Cars 2 (Specifically audio)
7. (**) Work on improving tracks that were already in Project Cars 2 (Specifically Double-check AI at each track)
8. (*) NASCAR DLC, including at least 2 of the modern NASCAR cars and one 1950 car, and multiple tracks: hopefully including Darlington (Modern & 1950 versions), Martinsville, Bristol, & Pocono (Which includes the road course layouts).
9. (*) Rally DLC, including Group B and Modern Rally cars, and 3 stages.
10. (*) 1930's DLC, include 2 road cars, 2 race cars, & 1 race track from 1930s
11. (*) 1960's DLC, /\Same as above/\ from 1960s
12. (*) 1970's DLC, /\Same as above/\ from 1970s

Following on from my thread about the timing widget, either make it customisable or put the record for the car I'm currently driving at Slot 1.

If I'm trying for a fast time in a stock Megane Trophy I don't need to know the Ginetta G57 is a lot faster.

That's all I want.

Well maybe Magny-Cours as well. :)

It would be nice to add more stock/default street cars like in Forza Motorsport 7.

For exampe Volvo 850 R, Lancia Delta Integrale HF, Alfa 155 V6 Ti, BMW M3 E36, M5 E34 (or better Alpina ;-), Mercedes W124 500E 6.0 AMG, Mercedes 500SL R129, Mercedes E55 AMG V8 Kompressor (W211), Audi RS2, RS4 B5, RS4 B7, VW Golf 3 VR6 or VW Golf 4 R32, Nissan 300ZX and much more.

bodykit and rim customization and easy painting and decal modification like on forza would be perfect.

And a few more tracks (like Yas Marina, etc.) would be nice.

And we need better engine sounds with some misfiring fx ;-)

I love driving Gr.A Cars like 190E Evo DTM '92 - but there are not many other players drive them on multiplayer.

There should be some "open Trackday" Servers with DTM Classics (190E / BMW E30 M3 / etc.)

I liked Forza Motorsport 7 very much but the driving experience and feeling is worst than on PC2.
Thats the reason I stucked on PC2

• Deleted member 963434

guess its too late to tell em what we want since they only listened to us with 2 first games, but i tell what i was expecting to become it best sim or equal to ACC
1. just pc2 with even more cars and tracks
2. improved handling like they already did (but it doesnt matter now have they removed all sim features what made pc2 that good)
3. AI spin at puddles or better not go straight into them (just make another line for ai on dry and on wet)
4. setting AI like [skill] [aggresiveness] and [mistakes] and [variety of skill]
5. ffb per car settings to save
6. improved assists to make driving even more easy (in pc2 both TC and ABS seems like have some lag, it didnt work enough fast and makes cars sliding and shaking, especially ABS makes my wheel shaking crazy)
7. better damages, make wheels bend
and i either cant find more to improve or keeps forgetting whats more. pc2 is so much good right now, cant believe how they ruined 3

Certamente todos gostariam de mais "pistas" e "carros", esses com suas respectivas categorias históricas, passado e presente, por exemplo: apenas citando algumas em ordem cronológica: Le Mans ( dos anos 50 ( Mercedes, Ferrari, Lancia, Jaguar, Maserati, Aston Martin, Cunningham ), anos 60 ( Ferrari, Ford, Porsche, Shelby Cobra, Alpine-Renault ), anos 60/70 ( Ferrari, Porsche, Ford, Lola, Matra, Alfa-Romeo, Renault, Mirage ), anos 80 e 90 ( como pCars 2 e mais alguns carros ), anos 2000 ( mais alguns carros também ). Campeonato IMSA ( Norte-Americano, em suas diferentes décadas, certamente os principais carros estariam incluídos nos packs de Le Mans. Categorias Turismo ( TC2000 Argentina, DTM Alemã, V8 Supercars Australiano, WTCC, GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT0, DRM Alemã de diferentes épocas. Categorias monopostos como F-Indy, F1, F2, F3, F4, F-Ford, de diferentes épocas. Mais pistas tradicionais, tanto atuais, como antigas, para uma excelente imersão nas categorias do passado. Nem precisaria incluir carros de Rally, pois a série Dirt e Dirt Rally cumprem muito bem o papel.

• Deleted member 963434

ater week pause on PC2 i today played it, ffb sucks, an i have ACC to drive GT3 cars and hope for best realism and best competition, it makes it. ACC is ma best sim for realism feeling and bein competitive, i play PC2 only fro touristenfahren servers now, an i played today after week pause an i cent feel forcken car, i think i set it up last week but it seems i just adapted to what im settin,
i tell yo i drive lot of cars daily, its my work, an then i get into ACC i can drive straight away, an i go into PC2 an i feel cars not connectewd to road, an as i sayd PC2 im usin only for tourstefhren servers, i give no fock bout pits i just get there to drive nurburgring an i want ffb to be good to tell me whats car doin. if tey fix ffb in pc3 then tey have me
but still sad bout pit stops, well not pit stops itself but tyre wear an fuel,.
i want kids overdrivin car not to be faster than me, an idiots, IDIOTS who can even calculate fuel (as pc2 exactly tell yo how much fuel yo got for how much laps) be faster than me as im used to economize tyres

• Deleted member 963434

i tell yo if tey make dlc wit bmw pack tey have me
im mean bmw e28, e30 m3, e36 m3, e46 m3,e90 m3, f30 m3, g20 m4, BMW 8 e31 850i
then tey have me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back