PC1 Project CARS released on Steam. PS4 and Xbox One digital pre-orders available in Europe.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Project Cars.jpg

A few moments ago Windows PC users worldwide who have ordered their copies of Project Cars online via Steam received the long awaited message to finally start their engines and play their new game.

Digital pre-ordered versions for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One are now available throughout Europe as well.

Let us know in the comments below what your first impressions are of Slightly Mad Studios' long anticipated multi-platform racing game.

Easy car to drive and let loose, really like the ride. But I think there's no comparison to Game Stock Car Extreme Formula Vee (I believe it's similar car or I'm wrong?). In GSCE I need to be much easier with the car.

yep this car was a real letdown for me. it seems they just made it for career mode races or something. very boring car sadly, i hope they give it some natty tires & maybe it could be interesting :)

I've yet to decide what platform to use, PC or console. I won't be able to run it at max settings on my PC setup (and I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon) and there aren't many good racing games on console right now, but I'd missing missing out on mods and customization.

More than likely I'll end up with both eventually

Anyone who have tested Formula 1, or Formula A... here? Just wonder whats up with the DRS in this game. The AI runs with it open through the corners and we can use it whenever we want in the race, even if we lead....Kind of ruins the point of DRS...

Started my career. How long until I get out of the Karts. Though from what I tried they risk being the most fun lol. First time I ever enjoyed Karts somewhat in a racing game.

As for performance I run every setting maxed out on my GTX 980 and 1080p monitor besides only msaa for antialiasing. fps generally over 50. With 55 AI at LeMans it would get a bit sluggish at around 40 fps in the start. So it run pretty well considering the visuals that is quite good.

What do people here think of AI pace? Im running Formula Rookie now in career, got pole in my first race. Won the quly by 0,8sec on a track I dont know, with standard setup against AI on 100%. So I hope that is not just the AI being slow in general...So what do you guess think? Maybe the AI is just slow in formula rookie/Oulton Park?...

Often differ depending on car series how well optimized they are. game is quite lenient to corner cutting etc also.

I haven´t gotten that far I am trying to work myself out of the Karts. Not that they aren´t fun but. I got KART 1 champion and got that trophy. They mention I get some invitations but it seems I must continue carting? All I got is a ford focus rain race. I was supposed to get a brand hatch invitation also but can´t see that on the calendar. Maybe I must get a car or something to get that one.

Invitation races has nothing to do with youre progress on career mode, they are just for fun(as they say in tutorial video about that) And you get contract offers att the end of the season in December. So if you won Kart 1 then you will most likely get Kart 1 and supercarts offers for next season

Last edited:
I have to say, i changed my opinion, After a couple of hours today with all sorts of cars the game feels a Lot better!!! Only FFB is difficult to adjust. What i miss the Most Compared to AC are the bumps and surface changes. Overall really good with the right settings!!!!

I have to say i am really disapointed so far... Compared to AC it s soooo easy to drive... But maybe I have to change some settings... A Lot of FFB clipping so far... I was expecting more!!!! But no judgement After one hour...
Same sensation. I found really easy push that cars, and all cars are really grippy. On powerful cars like Zonda I see a major oversteer problem due to power, but is unrealistic for me, because in AC i drive the same car without any help and I don't have any probs. On the setup, good quantity of options, but I try to change it without any real difference.
I'm a little bit disappointed for the moment, but I wan't to try the career before judge.

I really like that the cars are more grippy then the other sims, now the other sims feel overly unneccecery hard and way to unforgiving. This is a game and games are supposed to be fun. And this game is really fun. This is my game from now on :)

Love the AI also, they are really good to race with. The menu music is so epic it creates a wondufull atmosphere, it makes me wonder why so few sims miss UI music. Deppressing acctually that they dont after you listen to pCars soundtrack.

Im super happy with pCars, way over my expectations.

Cngrats to the dev team, and thank you for finaly making sims fun. :inlove:

The FFB is good also im using default setting with CSR wheel.

very happy gamer ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back