PC1 Project CARS release delayed again

pCARS Project Cars Game 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios and Bandai Namco have once again delayed the release of the highly anticipated racing game, Project CARS - this time until April 2nd.

It may not be much of a delay but it comes after a previous delay which moved the release date back from late 2014 to March 2015, understandably causing some frustration and speculation on the reasons behind the delay.

SEE ALSO: Pre-Order Project Cars

SMS stated that the previous delay was done to avoid other major releases and to put on finishing touches. This time, Bandai Namco says, "The slight shift of the release date is due to final adjustments in the game that are required to provide fans with the best gaming experience they can have.

“Moving the release date was not an easy decision to make, as we know our fans are eager to get their hands-on on Project CARS”, said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. We assure you the wait will be worth it when the game does arrive early April”.

Personally, I've always been one to feel that quality is better than quantity, so for me the reasons for the delay are enough reason, though some may feel differently.

Share your thoughts with us!

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

So you think that pCars is anywhere near Assetto Corsa, when it comes to the physics engine:laugh:? Sorry, but you are just the definition of total density if you think that:cry:. AC is so fu**ing far away from pCars. It shouldn´t be listed even in the same category than that. It´s another planet in another solar system.

I'm not here to say Project CARS has better physics than another game. However, Project CARS is far from having crap physics and being arcade. Anyway, I'll stop wasting my time with you, you've obviously not tried recent build of the game and you'll probably never change your mind the way you're hating the game for no apparent reason.

Is your framerate 60 fps or more at all times in the rain starting last with 20 or more ai, all settings on ultra with aa... otherwise your credibility should be in question, as that was the scenario i was actively discussing. And with a lesser setup,you do not. It looks good at lower spec as well, but hat was not my point. If you know of a way to have 25 AI in fron of you in the rain, and still have it at maximum detail, at lower spec, enlighten me.
You don't want to be enlightened. I could have a valid argument, and very good points, and you'd just make up more credibility-eating nonsense. Hate the game if you like, in the end it really doesn't matter. :thumbsup:

You don't want to be enlightened. I could have a valid argument, and very good points, and you'd just make up more credibility-eating nonsense. Hate the game if you like, in the end it really doesn't matter. :thumbsup:

I don't hate it. If you took the time to actually read any of my argumentation you would be able to discern that i like the product, but i personally find flaws in it, and think it is not ready for release.

It is you who take critique as "hate", and then try to do some silly thing questioning my "credibility" in every second sentence you type... Becuase i do not share your opinion (whatever that is) i am not a credible person? Becuase i question SMD or pCars at times? Sorry, but being questioned like that, i will not stand for. Arguments i can handle...

And to another person who pressed "dislike" on ALL my posts in this thread just because it was critique at pCars expressed. Classy behaviour... Really.

Why is this subject always so infected? Why is it that any critique gets faced with this kind of slander and namecalling? It doesn't do the game any favours to try and ridicule critique the way you do...

But now, i will listen to mod comment, smell some flowers, and calm myself.

To each their own observations. However, over the years, I don't recall replays (even when uploaded to YouTube, etc.) being that "enhanced" over what I observed in game play. I have made numerous replays and posted them on YouTube. They only time I have seen any enhancements were when I (and others) post-processed the videos for "special effects" and enhancements. The frame rate being 30fps in the video version should not make for any "photo-shopping" affects. Not haveing pCARS, perhaps they do enhance their replays over other what I have experienced with sims I have played over the decades.

In replay mode there is graphical enhancements that is not visible when driving, yes. Practically every racing game engine since the stone age does that, like add some excessive DoF etc. And i judge on what i see on MY screen, becuase online videos is not a good indicator as they are compressed, downscaled and at 30fps.

So the image quality that i see, on my own monitor, playing at ultra settings on my own hardware is what i will base my judgement on. And no, that does NOT look like the screenshots or the videos.

However, it looks nice, just not the jawdropping kind of crazy stuff ppl seem to be expecting. Many contemporary games look better.

It should sell very well. It seems to me that there aren't nearly as many games being released for the next gen consoles as their used to be for the last gen versions, and especially not as many shiny AAA titles, so I would think that after spending several hundred dollars for an Xbox One or PS4 people wouldn't think twice about buying a new release. Especially one that is graphically beautiful and drives realistic enough (yet also easy enough) to make the average gamer (read, not sim racer) feel like a pro driver.

Forza and GT sell millions of copies along with all the NFS and other arcade games; most console gamers simply want a driving game that isn't terribly difficult and that is graphically prettier than the last driving game they bought.

There are thousands of people that play the latest Forza with a gamepad that consider themselves hardcore racers and in their minds Forza is a full on simulation because the box covers says it is so. They are going to love Pcars and even the guys that can barely make a lap will still enjoy taking pretty screenshots.

The only people that will truly be let down by pcars are the guys that are looking for the most realistic simulation possible while sitting behind a toy wheel and monitor. (I'm one of them) As long as it doesn't ship completely broken (like it would have last November) most gamers will be more than happy with it.

If you know of a way to have 25 AI in fron of you in the rain, and still have it at maximum detail, at lower spec, enlighten me.

What sim does have full weather effects and 20+ cars and 60 fps? iRacing? rf2? RRRE? AC? Nyet. So if someone could present that, they deserve a pretty packet of gamers' cash!!

I should eat a little crow after all my talking last week. pCars unrolled some updates last week that totally hosed FFB! Fortunately, they're rolling back the changes this week, but I had egg on my face, and I was disappointed I couldn't race it this weekend! The joys of being a beta tester.

Just a thought about if Pcars is sim or simcade.im tired guys.Im playing asseto and the half of the drivers didnt know how to drive and they just F@cking my game.So where is the sim situation of a race.only the iracing is stable for a player i think.the only problem is the money that they want every week xaxaxa.I dont care any for for full sim as noone of games is like reality.but i want at least to make me feel that im in a race.if the final pc have sth like irating it would be nice

As a follow up to an earlier post, I put 23 AI on Monaco in a heavy rain and started at the back.
1) Performance was better than expected. Slowdown in St. Devote on the first start (lots of incidents) then it smoothed out and was normal halfway around. 2nd race start was much smoother, but not at 60 fps. This is with an air-cooled, non-o/c'ed i5 and a $250 AMD card pushing 2500x1440 (no AA, doesn't need it).

2) Driving in the rain was not arcade like in any way. I was driving a GT4 Mustang it was oversteering on entry and wanted to spin out on exit. But once the tires warmed was a little better.

3) Also, they rolled back their FFB change so its back to normal, but boy, they have to write a clear manual on how to tune the FFB. I was satisfied when I was able to dial out the high rate vibration, but I would have preferred doing it right the first time than hunting and pecking.

What Sim doesn't make us hunt and peck when we first try it out or when it's still under development? It sucks but it comes with the sim racing territory.

Here is what I say about pCars. It has created it's own category. It's definitely not simcade. Weather and day/night transitions done at a graphical standard not seen before. I hope it's a huge success for two reasons:

1. It will probably attract new racers to this hobby (obsession) of ours. Everybody starts somewhere. It was Gran Turismo for me.

2. It may open the eyes of some more people in the motorsport industry as to the level of exposure they can gain from having there property in a proper SIM/Game. You listening Porsche?!

Every SIM I can think of needs to improve somewhere. Having more competition may force their hand.

PS
Those of you who have not tried pCars because you don't have access are going to be pleasantly surprise when you get to try it. You will probably still feel it's not a true sim, but trust me, it is very enjoyable.

Decent audio, beautiful graphics, good variety of content, and tons of gameplay options.

What sim does have full weather effects and 20+ cars and 60 fps? iRacing? rf2? RRRE? AC? Nyet. So if someone could present that, they deserve a pretty packet of gamers' cash!!

I should eat a little crow after all my talking last week. pCars unrolled some updates last week that totally hosed FFB! Fortunately, they're rolling back the changes this week, but I had egg on my face, and I was disappointed I couldn't race it this weekend! The joys of being a beta tester.

Hand over the dinero :)

I can run 25 AI at Ultra settings, AA and SMAA, starting at the back in heavy rain @ 1080p and still never dip under 60fps.

4.4GHz. I5, GTX980 OC'ed and 2600MHz. RAM

But people with less specs are going to struggle. For me i need 60 fps synced or i won't play at all. So the investment is woth it to me, if you can get by with stuttering or lower detail you'll be fine.

And yes, that FFB update was hell :)

Every SIM I can think of needs to improve somewhere. Having more competition may force their hand.
That's the key. We can have the sound of RRRE, the modability and feel of rF2, AC, and GSC, the graphics and career of pC and the communities of rF and iRacing. Let them all thrive and lets push them all up and forward. Except for iRacing, paying $40 to $60 for these 6 sims costs about $250 and think about how much enjoyment we get out of that combo. I would even add the WRC series and you have the gamut of racing on your PC for as much as the fee for 3 autocross events. We do have it lucky...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 372 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%