PC1 Project CARS: Release date, track list, career trailer revealed

Bandai Namco has announced the official release date for Project Cars on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and has revealed the career mode trailer and full track list.

As you can see in this tweet from Bandai Namco UK, the publisher confirmed that the title will be available on May 8th on all platforms except for Wii U.

From the wording it looks like the publisher has set the release date in stone, and hopefully we won't see any more delays. There's only so many times you can delay a game before the audience loses interest.

SMS also revealed the trailer for Project CARS' career mode. The format reminds me of Grid, with you progressing from class to class by completing events in each category. Not the most interesting career mode if you ask me, we were hoping for something a bit different, a bit more 'next-gen'.

The team also revealed the full tracklist for the game, announcing that the game has 'gone gold'. Fictional circuits are shown in italics.

Circuits

• Nordschleife, Germany (4 Layouts)
  • Nurburgring GP, Germany (4 Layouts)
  • Zhuhai International Circuit (ZIC), China (1 Layout)
  • Cadwell Park, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Sakitto, Japan (4 Layouts)
  • Spa Francorchamps, Belgium (1 Layout)
  • Sonoma, USA (3 Layouts)
  • Brno, Czech Republic (1 Layout)
  • Willow Springs, USA (2 Layouts)
  • Le Mans, France (2 Layouts)
  • Laguna Seca, USA (1 Layout)
  • Donington, UK (2 Layouts)
  • Snetterton, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Azure Circuit, France (1 Layout) (Unlicenced Monaco)
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama, Australia (1 Layout)
  • Oulton Park, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Road America, USA (1 Layout)
  • Wakins Glen, USA (2 Layouts)
  • Brands Hatch, UK (2 Layouts)
  • Dubai Autodrome, UAE (4 Layouts)
  • Hockenheimring, Germany (3 Layouts)
  • Imola, Italy (1 Layout)
  • Monza, Italy (2 Layouts)
  • Oschersleben, Germany (2 Layouts)
  • Silverstone, UK (4 Layouts)
  • Zolder, Belgium (1 Layout)
Karting Circuits
  • Chesterfield, UK (1 Layout)
  • Greenwood, Ireland (1 Layout)
  • Summerton, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Glencairn, UK (6 Layouts)
  • Dubai Autodrome, UAE (1 Layout)
Point 2 Point
  • Azure Coast, France (5 Layouts)
  • California Highway, USA (5 Layouts)

Last edited:
so -- acknowledging that im very relieved w/ this (& surprised tbh based on stuff id read last week re controller support) -- it only hits me now how bothered i am by the lack of a license for suzuka. possibly my favorite track in the world but how can it be more than spa/monza? (i know the answer is "they charge more" but you know what i mean)

i dont know the details but from the way it sounds, SMS ended up being constrained budgetwise more than they mayve thought they would be, is there any chance a license is acquired down the road?

so -- acknowledging that im very relieved w/ this (& surprised tbh based on stuff id read last week re controller support) -- it only hits me now how bothered i am by the lack of a license for suzuka. possibly my favorite track in the world but how can it be more than spa/monza? (i know the answer is "they charge more" but you know what i mean)

i dont know the details but from the way it sounds, SMS ended up being constrained budgetwise more than they mayve thought they would be, is there any chance a license is acquired down the road?

It`s probably more likely it`ll come as dreaded DLC somewhere down the line.

It`s probably more likely it`ll come as dreaded DLC somewhere down the line.

i wish, but its already in game as sakitto, so if its done it will be a free upgrade i imagine.

Sakitto has been reworked to not be Suzuka. There are some "aspects" of Suzuka in it, but overall it's a much different track that is inspired by Suzuka. SMS is still working on licensing so the real Suzuka may still happen.

Prototypes standing start

0/10

#Boycott

You can do rolling starts..

Well it certainly wasn't delayed for livery licenses. I've never heard of Masculin Tires (Couldn't obtain rights to Michelin??). I wish I wasn't such a stickler for details because this game has them in beautiful track displays, only to ruin the experience for me by not using real Livery/Sponsors on the Cars. Has a real EA feel to it. Call me a Sell-Out but I'll stick to NASCAR probably.

Well it certainly wasn't delayed for livery licenses. I've never heard of Masculin Tires (Couldn't obtain rights to Michelin??). I wish I wasn't such a stickler for details because this game has them in beautiful track displays, only to ruin the experience for me by not using real Livery/Sponsors on the Cars. Has a real EA feel to it. Call me a Sell-Out but I'll stick to NASCAR probably.

Well that's where this site comes in...

MODS

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%