PC1 Project CARS: Release date, track list, career trailer revealed

Bandai Namco has announced the official release date for Project Cars on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and has revealed the career mode trailer and full track list.

As you can see in this tweet from Bandai Namco UK, the publisher confirmed that the title will be available on May 8th on all platforms except for Wii U.

From the wording it looks like the publisher has set the release date in stone, and hopefully we won't see any more delays. There's only so many times you can delay a game before the audience loses interest.

SMS also revealed the trailer for Project CARS' career mode. The format reminds me of Grid, with you progressing from class to class by completing events in each category. Not the most interesting career mode if you ask me, we were hoping for something a bit different, a bit more 'next-gen'.

The team also revealed the full tracklist for the game, announcing that the game has 'gone gold'. Fictional circuits are shown in italics.

Circuits

• Nordschleife, Germany (4 Layouts)
  • Nurburgring GP, Germany (4 Layouts)
  • Zhuhai International Circuit (ZIC), China (1 Layout)
  • Cadwell Park, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Sakitto, Japan (4 Layouts)
  • Spa Francorchamps, Belgium (1 Layout)
  • Sonoma, USA (3 Layouts)
  • Brno, Czech Republic (1 Layout)
  • Willow Springs, USA (2 Layouts)
  • Le Mans, France (2 Layouts)
  • Laguna Seca, USA (1 Layout)
  • Donington, UK (2 Layouts)
  • Snetterton, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Azure Circuit, France (1 Layout) (Unlicenced Monaco)
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama, Australia (1 Layout)
  • Oulton Park, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Road America, USA (1 Layout)
  • Wakins Glen, USA (2 Layouts)
  • Brands Hatch, UK (2 Layouts)
  • Dubai Autodrome, UAE (4 Layouts)
  • Hockenheimring, Germany (3 Layouts)
  • Imola, Italy (1 Layout)
  • Monza, Italy (2 Layouts)
  • Oschersleben, Germany (2 Layouts)
  • Silverstone, UK (4 Layouts)
  • Zolder, Belgium (1 Layout)
Karting Circuits
  • Chesterfield, UK (1 Layout)
  • Greenwood, Ireland (1 Layout)
  • Summerton, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Glencairn, UK (6 Layouts)
  • Dubai Autodrome, UAE (1 Layout)
Point 2 Point
  • Azure Coast, France (5 Layouts)
  • California Highway, USA (5 Layouts)

Last edited:
Bandai Namco has announced the official release date for Project Cars on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and has revealed the career mode trailer and full track list.

Point 2 Point
Dubai Autodrome, UAE (1 Layout ) Any know anything about this (point to point ) I've never seen this point to point mentioned ?

As you can see in this tweet from Bandai Namco UK, the publisher confirmed that the title will be available on May 8th on all platforms except for Wii U.

From the wording it looks like the publisher has set the release date in stone, and hopefully we won't see any more delays. There's only so many times you can delay a game before the audience loses interest.

SMS also revealed the trailer for Project CARS' career mode. The format reminds me of Grid, with you progressing from class to class by completing events in each category. Not the most interesting career mode if you ask me, we were hoping for something a bit different, a bit more 'next-gen'.

The team also revealed the full tracklist for the game, announcing that the game has 'gone gold'. Fictional circuits are shown in italics.

Circuits

• Nordschleife, Germany (4 Layouts)
  • Nurburgring GP, Germany (4 Layouts)
  • Zhuhai International Circuit (ZIC), China (1 Layout)
  • Cadwell Park, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Sakitto, Japan (4 Layouts)
  • Spa Francorchamps, Belgium (1 Layout)
  • Sonoma, USA (3 Layouts)
  • Brno, Czech Republic (1 Layout)
  • Willow Springs, USA (2 Layouts)
  • Le Mans, France (2 Layouts)
  • Laguna Seca, USA (1 Layout)
  • Donington, UK (2 Layouts)
  • Snetterton, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Azure Circuit, France (1 Layout) (Unlicenced Monaco)
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama, Australia (1 Layout)
  • Oulton Park, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Road America, USA (1 Layout)
  • Wakins Glen, USA (2 Layouts)
  • Brands Hatch, UK (2 Layouts)
  • Dubai Autodrome, UAE (4 Layouts)
  • Hockenheimring, Germany (3 Layouts)
  • Imola, Italy (1 Layout)
  • Monza, Italy (2 Layouts)
  • Oschersleben, Germany (2 Layouts)
  • Silverstone, UK (4 Layouts)
  • Zolder, Belgium (1 Layout)
Karting Circuits
  • Chesterfield, UK (1 Layout)
  • Greenwood, Ireland (1 Layout)
  • Summerton, UK (3 Layouts)
  • Glencairn, UK (6 Layouts)
Point 2 Point

This is a superb list of circuits. I wonder, though, whether additional circuits could become available later as DLCs?

This is not a criticism, just a personal thing for me, but my dream circuit list would include Kyalami GP and Zandvoort GP as well as many already listed for the game.

Great to see Watkins Glen, Imola and Zolder in there.

Maybe next?

I don't like this talk about the "sequel" for a game that hasn't even been released.

SMS does want a franchise so yes, in a sense, they are planning a sequel. That's just normal business. However, that won't have any bearing on their support and/or plans for this release. There is enough WIP content that the early adopters have already seen which is coming and is going to be great. There is also content the early adopters haven't seen which will be coming (i.e. there was no insight on the Lykan Hypersport announcement).

SMS does want a franchise so yes, in a sense, they are planning a sequel. That's just normal business. However, that won't have any bearing on their support and/or plans for this release. There is enough WIP content that the early adopters have already seen which is coming and is going to be great. There is also content the early adopters haven't seen which will be coming (i.e. there was no insight on the Lykan Hypersport announcement).

I don't know what to think about it. It's a wait and see thing for me.

Let's see how they'll support and improve the game after the release, with content, DLCs and engine upgrades (physics and stuff).

What works best for sim racing games? Ongoing development - like rF2 and AC - or a franchise treatment - like Forza?

I don't know what to think about it. It's a wait and see thing for me.

Let's see how they'll support and improve the game after the release, with content, DLCs and engine upgrades (physics and stuff).

What works best for sim racing games? Ongoing development - like rF2 and AC - or a franchise treatment - like Forza?

I think thats the big thing, will they add to this or just wait for a pcars 2. I hope they look at this as the racing game for the next 2-3 years and just add to it

Personally, I would prefer a working product out of the box rather than either waiting for the sim community to develop content or waiting to see if a feature I want is going to be implemented. With Project CARS, you will know exactly what you will get (for better or for worse).

I think thats the big thing, will they add to this or just wait for a pcars 2. I hope they look at this as the racing game for the next 2-3 years and just add to it

What you can expect for this platform going forward is more cars and tracks (with the same high level of detail/quality). There will be updates outside of DLC to continue address issues. There will be some new things added, but they will not be huge architectural changes to the platform (that is what their next product will be for).

All of that was established before they started with the "free car once a month" idea, so this new idea is on top of the previous commitments.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%