PC1 Project CARS release date announced

Namco Bandai has announced that Project CARS will be released in the UK November 21st.

It is speculated that it will be released the 18th for North America. The game will not be released for Wii U until the following year due to "development issues", along with a SteamOS version. The date is for the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of the game - support for current gen consoles dropped off when Oculus Rift support arrived.

Slightly Mad Studios has paired up with Namco Bandai to distribute Project CARS under the Namco Bandai banner. Project CARS will feature a wide variety of tracks and cars, with different racing disciplines such as 24 Hours of LeMans.

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on the fence whether to buy it on
  • Wait for pre order on Steam? I figure it will not be available in the Limited edition, cant download the book and metal case:laugh: Will the limited edition cars be available for Steam in any way?
  • Buy now! pre Purchase the Limited edition on say Amazon?

For a game to be released two months away the pre-order situation has been absolute ****. Its still not up on Steam, the limited edition doesn't seem to be available in some areas. Its just a total mess.

For a game to be released two months away the pre-order situation has been absolute ****. Its still not up on Steam, the limited edition doesn't seem to be available in some areas. Its just a total mess.

I don't see the problem. If you order it now or a week before release you are still pre-ordering and will get the game at the same time. Be patient. There is no advantage in pre-ordering now over pre-ordering in a months time.

Limited edition in my eyes is limited (only a certain number of copies?) and could run out before the release date. So if you want one you have to order sooner than later.
If you want just the standard game with the pre order extra you can wait closer to the time but then you might hit the out of stock scenario. Steam download pre order if you are not interested in the Limited edition

I don't see the problem. If you order it now or a week before release you are still pre-ordering and will get the game at the same time. Be patient. There is no advantage in pre-ordering now over pre-ordering in a months time.

Its not a "problem", its just very sketchy for a game this close to release to have such an inconsistent pre-order system in place across the world. I was simply pointing it out, I'm not worried about getting the game on time.

Does anyone know if the PS4 will support racing wheels like the Logitech G27 when C.A.R.S releases? It doesn't work now, and I'm not going to buy that shitty thrustmaster wheel ( the only one that seems to work with the PS4 )

The only wheels that the PS4 supports currently are Thrustmaster wheels. There are a few that work with the PS4 though, the T500RS, T300RS and T300 are all good wheels, the lower models like the T80 probably aren't that good.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%