PC1 Project CARS release date announced

Namco Bandai has announced that Project CARS will be released in the UK November 21st.

It is speculated that it will be released the 18th for North America. The game will not be released for Wii U until the following year due to "development issues", along with a SteamOS version. The date is for the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of the game - support for current gen consoles dropped off when Oculus Rift support arrived.

Slightly Mad Studios has paired up with Namco Bandai to distribute Project CARS under the Namco Bandai banner. Project CARS will feature a wide variety of tracks and cars, with different racing disciplines such as 24 Hours of LeMans.

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoted for humor....two years from now every Gamestop will still have brand new 'limited edition' copies.

Sad but true most limited editions are never really limited, but there are a few exceptions out there like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario All-Stars - 25th Anniversary Edition on the Wii, and Forza 2 Limited Edition on the 360 and probably a few others as well but I agree that its generally not limited as they want you to believe.

The only wheels that the PS4 supports currently are Thrustmaster wheels. There are a few that work with the PS4 though, the T500RS, T300RS and T300 are all good wheels, the lower models like the T80 probably aren't that good.
Thanks but I'm not going to spend another 300 euros on a steering wheel, G27 works fine for me. I guess I have to wait and hope they announce G27 support for the PS4.

Looks like preorder is only for the limited edition. I'd like a deal where I can get all the ingame preorder conent at regular game price with no physical extras. Also I'd like to know how much SMS will charge for DLCs. I really hope the business model won't turn it into another Forza. So until I have further clarity on these unknowns, I'll have to remain sitting on the fence.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%